Headliners 2016

thewayiam

7 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I found the cover picture of him really funny

CcnTjshW8AA0BG_.jpg:large

"indie hair - check, indie top - check, indie stare - check... best chuck in a hip hop reference to liven it up a bit"

can't wait to hear the reinvention though.  do we reckon he's sold all his guitars and bought turntables, or sold all his turntables and bought guitars?

Edited by fatyeti24

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Alan_C said:

You fear? Surely its a good thing. It will stop any jibes about just playing the same old songs for money, and it might even be good. New Order headlining the Other is confirmation enough that Stone Roses aren't playing. That clash would never happen, because New Order's crowd would be tiny.

It's going against Adele....it's likely to be that big anyway.

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

It's going against Adele....it's likely to be that big anyway.

New Order will get a bigger crowd against Adele than they would against Stone Roses. Adele's will be huge, but there are plenty of people who have no interest in watching her. She won't get a crowd as big as Rolling Stones for a start. If it was Stone Roses on the Pyramid, they would take away a big chunk of New Order's crowd. Adele won't take away much of New Order's potential crowd at all.

9 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

New Order will get a bigger crowd against Adele than they would against Stone Roses. Adele's will be huge, but there are plenty of people who have no interest in watching her. She won't get a crowd as big as Rolling Stones for a start. If it was Stone Roses on the Pyramid, they would take away a big chunk of New Order's crowd. Adele won't take away much of New Order's potential crowd at all.

I think you may be over-looking how many of New Order's potential crowd have partners that put up with most of their festival choices (and have done for years) but are putting their feet down about "at least seeing a bit" of Adele! :(

4 minutes ago, jimmyt said:

I think you may be over-looking how many of New Order's potential crowd have partners that put up with most of their festival choices (and have done for years) but are putting their feet down about "at least seeing a bit" of Adele! :(

Luckily for me (if I get a ticket), mine likes New Order and has no interest in Adele, but if she did like Adele, that is one clash I would not be giving in with.

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

the stone roses are making an announcement at 2pm on absolute radio. 

they would't announce a glasto set on the radio. it's new music or more tour dates

was just about to post this - so far nothing to substantiate an announcement only rumours but I have absolute on anyhow :P

Just now, Mouseboy11 said:

"Rumours of a stone roses announcement imminent as well" - Absolute Radio...so definitely not them doing the announcing

your absolute radio is quicker than mine! I got that about 30 secs after you posted. 

33 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

"indie hair - check, indie top - check, indie stare - check... best chuck in a hip hop reference to liven it up a bit"

can't wait to hear the reinvention though.  do we reckon he's sold all his guitars and bought turntables, or sold all his turntables and bought guitars?

I really hope he's made a Yaz record personally