Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to go off topic but just read this Jake Bugg quote from his new NME interview:

"Noel’s last album is pretty c**p, though, innit?” says Bugg. “Put that in. I’m not upset about it because it’s just Noel – he’ll slag off Ed Sheeran and be at a party with him the next week, like. It’s just the way he is. He was definitely an influence on my music, but I don’t care what anyone says, man. I’m just doing music the way I wanna do it.”

:lol: This was a reaction to Noel saying he was heartbroken that Bugg used a co-writer for his music. He has a point about the Ed Sheeran bit mind, but that is one huge statement coming from Jake Bugg!

5 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

Sorry to go off topic but just read this Jake Bugg quote from his new NME interview:

"Noel’s last album is pretty c**p, though, innit?” says Bugg. “Put that in. I’m not upset about it because it’s just Noel – he’ll slag off Ed Sheeran and be at a party with him the next week, like. It’s just the way he is. He was definitely an influence on my music, but I don’t care what anyone says, man. I’m just doing music the way I wanna do it.”

:lol: This was a reaction to Noel saying he was heartbroken that Bugg used a co-writer for his music. He has a point about the Ed Sheeran bit mind, but that is one huge statement coming from Jake Bugg!

boring young musician boringly discusses boring old musician in boring magazine.

still, worth it just for this nugget "but I don’t care what anyone says, man. I’m just doing music the way I wanna do it."

Edited by fatyeti24

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

But it's a true statement. Even Bugg's 2nd album was probably better than Chasing Yesterday.

8 minutes ago, Alan_C said:

I found the cover picture of him really funny

CcnTjshW8AA0BG_.jpg:large

I'm very curious on the saturday pyramid acts? from what i saw on the rumours it looks like this:

Friday: ZZ Top > Foals > Muse

Saturday: Adele > ?????

Sunday: Jeff Lynn > Ellie Goulding > Coldplay

Is it just me who thinks theres something else "big" whats missing?

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

But it's a true statement. Even Bugg's 2nd album was probably better than Chasing Yesterday.

I'm not gonna get in a debate about the quality of Noel's album (I think it's good, nothing special), but it's miles better than Jake Bugg's last album.

1 minute ago, Chris Lfc said:

I'm very curious on the saturday pyramid acts? from what i saw on the rumours it looks like this:

Friday: ZZ Top > Foals > Muse

Saturday: Adele > ?????

Sunday: Jeff Lynn > Ellie Goulding > Coldplay

Is it just me who thinks theres something else "big" whats missing?

Beck (I hope)

1 minute ago, shuttlep said:

I am hoping for the Stone Roses. that would be massive

alas I fear their news will be a new album

You fear? Surely its a good thing. It will stop any jibes about just playing the same old songs for money, and it might even be good. New Order headlining the Other is confirmation enough that Stone Roses aren't playing. That clash would never happen, because New Order's crowd would be tiny.