Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are they announcing the annual reissuing of their debut?

No idea mate. From looking at the Roses forum there are rumours that there may be a live album. I am a bit sceptical about that but you never know.

All I have heard is that there is no new music tomorrow.

25 minutes ago, eastynh said:

No idea mate. From looking at the Roses forum there are rumours that there may be a live album.

Is that one of those 'live' albums where the band re-record the songs in-studio and put over the crowd noise from one of their actual gigs?  Surely the only way to not expose Brown's awful live vocals.

Anyway sometimes I think Glastonbury wait so long to release their line up so that people get to the point where they just don't give a shit.  I mean we all buy tickets without knowing the line up, so we don't really care who is playing.  However by this point in the year I couldn't give a shit.  Which means they could now announce Radiohead, Roses, The 1975, Arcade Fire, Oasis-reunion, something with Damon Albarn and a million other acts I wouldn't walk across the road to see, and I wouldn't give a shit, I'd still go.  I have become their perfect apathetic target audience, as the days go by I'm more committed to going, even with no announcement.

19 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

Anyway sometimes I think Glastonbury wait so long to release their line up so that people get to the point where they just don't give a shit.  I mean we all buy tickets without knowing the line up, so we don't really care who is playing.  However by this point in the year I couldn't give a shit.  Which means they could now announce Radiohead, Roses, The 1975, Arcade Fire, Oasis-reunion, something with Damon Albarn and a million other acts I wouldn't walk across the road to see, and I wouldn't give a shit, I'd still go.  I have become their perfect apathetic target audience, as the days go by I'm more committed to going, even with no announcement.

I'm the opposite personally. The lack of anything tangible to get excited about makes me more indifferent and prone to saving my money come April. And bands I love like The National showing up on other bills doesn't help either.

Of course, when they finally pull their fingers out and release a poster that gives mention to something other than three lukewarm headliners my excitement will re-ignite with the heat of a thousand ready meals.

31 minutes ago, HoTWire said:

i give more of a shit about speculating on here than about the line up itself.  i know there'll always be plenty to entertain me at the festival, and i know i'll miss 99% of who's on the bill anyway.

2 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

i give more of a shit about speculating on here than about the line up itself.  i know there'll always be plenty to entertain me at the festival, and i know i'll miss 99% of who's on the bill anyway.

Could not agree more. Unlike any other festival, the lineup to me is almost irrelevant because there really is just so much going on. However, if I went to some other festival like Benicassim for example, there's only a few stages, so if none of them have anything decent on, there's not much else to do except sit on the tarmac and drink over-priced armpit-temperature lager.

Edited by stixmcvix
Typos. And I HATE typos.

29 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

For sure, here is where the dream of Slayer playing The Park got ignited, and that fire still burns inside.

38 minutes ago, stixmcvix said:

Could not agree more. Unlike any other festival, the lineup to me is almost irrelevant because there really is just so much going on. However, if I went to some other festival like Benicassim for example, there's only a few stages, so if none of them have anything decent on, there's not much else to do except sit on the tarmac and drink over-priced armpit-temperature lager.

They have Tuborg at Glasto. But its armpit flavoured as opposed to armpit temperature. .

1 minute ago, Honeybane said:

I know we shouldn't moan because we were lucky enough to get tickets but fuck man, Muse Adele Coldplay. Surely that's gotta be the worst ever right? 

It's not just about Pyramid headliners, there's plenty more to see & do (although the plenty more does unfortunately seem to include BMTH). Or don't pay the balance & go somewhere else instead.