Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, DJ Cull said:

Apparently a) Dave wants to go solo (hence his Oscars performance) and b ) he & Taylor might have had a falling out. I suspect he might make a solo record, then another Crooked Vultures, then another solo, and may never get round to going back to the Foos, unless it's for some big anniversary tour.

Shit. I don't like Foos but TCV were sick.

lolz on The Guardian - http://www.theguardian.com/media/2016/mar/02/adblocking-protection-racket-john-whittingdale

“Quite simply – if people don’t pay in some way for content, then that content will eventually no longer exist,” he said. “And that’s as true for the latest piece of journalism as it is for the new album from Muse.

31 minutes ago, Honeybane said:

They won't split up. I don't particularly like them but they just won't. As long as Dave, Taylor (and maybe Pat) are in the band I would've thought they could get session musicians in to play gigs.

As long as Dave isn't playing the drums, they could get session musicians to replace the whole lot of them. And improve!!

16 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

So no Radiohead for electric picnic. Does this just mean they aren't doing uk festivals this year?

No Radiohead yet. That line-up isn't all of EP's headliners. Tickets only went back on sale today so they'll hold back some big names for another ticket sale push. Blur announcement wasn't until May last year.

Edited by Keithy

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

If Dave is going solo and Foos are splitting up, imagine if they did end up doing Glastonbury next year as a one off. That would still be an enormously dull booking.

Edited by Mezhyp1

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

If Dave is going solo and Foos are splitting up, imagine if they did end up doing Glastonbury next year as a one off. That would be an enermous booking.

Wouldn't that kind of defeat the point of them splitting up? If they want to do the odd one off why not just carry on calling it a hiatus?

1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

I ain't laughing. ;)

If every user of this website in just one month donated one pound, that 'one month users £1' would fund this site for ten years.

And back in the real world, it's in crisis.

Yeah tell me about it, I run a not insignificant forum for car stuff... number of views != income.

I don't think he will "go solo" as in break up the band completely, but I'd say there's definitely the chance of A Dave Grohl solo album. Could be an acoustic offering, keeping the heavy stuff for Foos/Them Crooked Vultures.

If he is doing something on his own, would like to see him make an appearance at Glasto to apologise for breaking his leg!

Husband just mentioned this Foos announcement and I said "we have no way of guessing what it's going to be so there's no point speculating... we might as well wait until they post it."

He responded "don't you go onto the efestivals website every day to speculate about announcements?"

Very good point well made. I don't know what I was even thinking there... :lol: 

Just now, Woffy said:

God, you're so GMT-centric.

Jeez. World time zones don't revolve around you, you know.

lol to be honest I tend to work in Asia time due to my job, but seems my head goes to mush when I get home and forget these things!! do forgive me :sorry::P

2 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

lol to be honest I tend to work in Asia time due to my job, but seems my head goes to mush when I get home and forget these things!! do forgive me :sorry::P

Count yourself lucky.

At my job things seem to happen in geological time.