Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, zero000 said:

6 music saying they've got a massive festival announcement this morning. Everyone brace yourselves for Latitude booking Radiohead...

Latitude do announce today.

Do BBC have a habit of announcing bookings for festivals other than Glastonbury (and BBC stuff like the big weekend)?

3 minutes ago, thatcrazypenguin said:

I still reckon these supposed sources are just designed to keep the debate going and traffic to the site, if anybody in the know so much as let slip such a closely guarded thing as the glasto headliner they'd have to be in a position to know the info, and people who know the info and leak it would most likely be putting their jobs on the line....whod take that risk just for the sake of informing the efests community and there admins? Just using simple logic here. 

More then likly...noone has a bloody clue but we can all have fun guessing again eh?

And yet The Daily Mail were reporting Muse, Adele and Coldplay as the headliners months ago, and stuff about the headliners and acts leaks every single year. It's not as if one single person knows the headliners and so can be pointed out and fired when they leak. I'm not sure how it all works but clearly there are people in the know willing to dish out the information to certain people

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

As I've just posted in the RH thread, nope.

But I do hope - just hope - to have an update next week. I might hear nothing.

Yep. Just realised and was editing my post as you posted.

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

And yet The Daily Mail were reporting Muse, Adele and Coldplay as the headliners months ago, and stuff about the headliners and acts leaks every single year. It's not as if one single person knows the headliners and so can be pointed out and fired when they leak. I'm not sure how it all works but clearly there are people in the know willing to dish out the information to certain people

the stuff from months ago that the Mail got wind of (just as I did) was what bands were being told Glastonbury were looking to do - but not necessarily what's going to actually happen.

We know that Adele was dithering to some extent, but what no one seems to know with certainty is which way that dithering has gone.

Everything I've heard recently has strongly suggested that Adele has since signed up to headline and that's very probably right, but I wouldn't bet my kid's life on it.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

We know that Adele was dithering to some extent, but what no one seems to know with certainty is which way that dithering has gone.

Everything I've heard recently has strongly suggested that Adele has since signed up to headline and that's very probably right, but I wouldn't bet my kid's life on it.

D'you reckon that was as recently as just after her tour opener gig...which apparently went well?

I think the whole "dithering thing" acts do with Glastonbury is they probably get a lot of acts verbally agreeing they will do it - but it takes a while for things to get penned

i refuse to believe the stones only decided to do it the morning of the announcement in 2013. I reckon they had a 'yes' for a very long time - it would be so risky to wait that long on a headliner.

if Adele was indecisive she probably said yes a while ago - but things weren't all booked up until more recently. I refuse to believe Glastonbury waits that long for acts. It's surely suicide if an act they chase for months says no

Well The Who were clearly booked pretty last minute last year so it seems they held out for a long time in the hope that Prince would say yes. If a huge act like the Stones, Adele or Prince makes you wait then I definitely think you'll wait in the hope that the final answer will be yes, which I imagine more often than not it is

3 minutes ago, JoBalls said:

The Maccabees, The National and New Order headlining Latitude. 

The National are exclusive as someone has said above... Could we get the Maccabees pop up somewhere? 

Maccabees had a decent slot last year so doubt they'll be back so soon.