Headliners 2016

thewayiam

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I've only just caught up with the Foo Fighters thing but wouldn't it be incredibly callous to hype fans for an announcement a day in advance if that announcement was that the band would be splitting up or taking a break? That'd be nuts.

Ha yeah I was thinking about that earlier. Would be a bit strange, especially since they're already on a hiatus so would seem unnecessary to essentially announce 'we're still on some kind of hiatus'. Bet it'll end up being something shite like a live DVD of when Dave had a broken leg and was sat in his throne thing

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I've only just caught up with the Foo Fighters thing but wouldn't it be incredibly callous to hype fans for an announcement a day in advance if that announcement was that the band would be splitting up or taking a break? That'd be nuts.

Dental. Screw Foos. Any update on Grandaddy gigs or a tour other than Green Man?

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

That's what I thought. I'm not overly bothered as its being announced on American time so whatever it is is surely not for us Brits!

13 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Dental. Screw Foos. Any update on Grandaddy gigs or a tour other than Green Man?

Nope, none. You should be supplying me with that!

12 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Never heard of this "Grandaddy" before. Should I listen?

Yes. If only to save you from embarrassment when you lay into Grandaddy for being a cheesy country rock guy or something then are too proud to admit you meant Uncle Kracker.

24 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Not many tweets from Jason concerning the new album either. Saturday night Park Headliner would be perfect. Fingers crossed! 

( Obviously no Radiohead clash though please ) ;)

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah I thought this too, doubt they'd get everyone talking then say they're splitting up, most likely a positive thing, probably like someone said a DVD or something.
I did hear that the band wanted to make a sort of 'Sonic Highways part 2' where instead of recording each song in a US State, they'd do a European version, can't see it being announced this soon though but possible, if not wishful thinking on my part.

Just now, Woffy said:

Dumb lazy response, Eastyny. Come on son.

I am tired mate. Just got back from Anfield and still gobsmacked how I survived the drive home.

I need to drop the nh from my user name. Old habbits die hard. I need to remember I am 37 now and not 14. The days of spray painting easty nh 93 all over the cricket club wall are long gone :-)

1 hour ago, eastynh said:

I am tired mate. Just got back from Anfield and still gobsmacked how I survived the drive home.

I need to drop the nh from my user name. Old habbits die hard. I need to remember I am 37 now and not 14. The days of spray painting easty nh 93 all over the cricket club wall are long gone :-)

Just got in myself. Great night.

Going to dig out the one granddaddy album I have and have a few drinks. I used to like it but honestly couldn't name a song by them.

By the way, is Joe Hart a fan of Slowdive?

8 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Never heard of this "Grandaddy" before. Should I listen?

Yeah, they've done some good stuff. I guess you might know that song they use for the Charlie Brooker TV show credits. Everyone reckons the Sophomore Slump is their best album, but it starts off with some interminable song that lasts about 10 fucking hours.

Basically, give this a go. if it doen't float you boat, knock it on the head