Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

54 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'd say there's a very good chance. I could see them in a high-up spot on the Sonic stage, maybe even an appearance on Pangea 

Great to hear. I've been a huge fan since they started releasing stuff with Drum and Bass Arena in about 2015/6 ish. Actually used to jokingly tweet the likes of Stonebridge Bar and Glad in 2016/2017/ 2019 trying to get them a gig, which HM loved and they always responded on twitter saying how they'd like to play etc.

It's amazing to see how massive they've got over the years and it will be pretty great to see them at Glasto finally haha.  

2 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Ahh, that'll be great fun! I saw that they rescheduled it from a couple years ago (for obvious reasons). That late 90s era in Ibiza was a golden age. Not seen Lange for ages! I just mentioned on a previous post how much of a nostalgist I am, I would have loved this. I'll be scratching that itch with Clockwork Orange this year

Those days were amazing. Long before Cafe Del Mar went commercial and watching the sunset with like minded people before you got on it. That island is one of my favourite places to be. 

On 4/2/2022 at 5:38 PM, monkey C monkey Do said:

Just in case nobody has already said this but I know Hybrid Minds are playing , probably silver haze 

On the topic of Hybrid Minds, they're on the Brave Sir Robin Spotify playlist but I can't work out where that's come from. I'm not sure if they self confirmed or it's just because of monkey C monkey Do's post above.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offmytrolley said:

On the topic of Hybrid Minds, they're on the Brave Sir Robin Spotify playlist but I can't work out where that's come from. I'm not sure if they self confirmed or it's just because of monkey C monkey Do's post above.

Only that it seems

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/search/?&q="hybrid minds"&quick=1&search_and_or=or&sortby=relevancy

19 minutes ago, gfa said:

I had a quick look on Twitter too and couldn't see anything for this year either.

Still though, as someone said in this thread earlier on, there will be no shortage of dnb at any Glastonbury 😄

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Sweet! We'll be there again in July, go every year. Still undecided on a couple days but we've got Glitterbox at HÏ and Clockwork Orange (I'm such a nostalgist) at Cova Santa in the diary atm. A distinct lack of anything other than house/disco at the moment but the best I can just about to persuade my GF to see is Ants at Ushuaia (Joris Voorn, Maya Jane Coles, that kind of thing). Unfortunately, my flight back is just after midnight on the Monday so Circoloco is out for me, unfortunately (that 18/07 lineup is right up my street too). I absolutely love DC-10 though, so I'm gonna wait and see what this Patrick Topping "Trick" night is all about. We'll see...

Not heard of Cova Santa before, it looks banging! 

I'm into my old school trance stuff myself.. I know it's not the 90s to mid 00s anymore, but does this genre still exist and is there anyone at Glastonbury that might satisfy my tastes? I don't want to horrify people, or tarnish the thread 🙈) but I loved Tiësto (before he sold out fully) in the early 2000s. Does anyone make music like that anymore?

https://youtu.be/eep0mDD5cGE

https://youtu.be/zbe3xsL5uNw

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Brandon Block... I have kind of seen him once, about 15 years ago. He was absolutely off his face, ended up stopping the tunes & got himself thrown out. Absolute madness.

Classic set!

He played near me a few weeks ago, in a small pub in Bedfordshire.

So still on the scene, just about!! 

C6CA7211-3FDE-41C3-A288-675658C7E4F4.jpeg

9 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Brandon Block... I have kind of seen him once, about 15 years ago. He was absolutely off his face, ended up stopping the tunes & got himself thrown out. Absolute madness.

Classic set!

I randomly ended up on the piss with Brandon Block once in the late 90s. It was as mental as you would expect it to have been! 

Edited by David_303
  • Upvote 1

On 4/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, Twiggy553 said:

Have they installed toilets in the Temple yet?

Last time we went the queue was horrendous but no loos inside so I was getting pretty desperate by the time we left!

Yes - it had it's own toilets outside the temple in 2019, through another doorway so once you are in, you can use those toilets instead of leaving an queueing again.

4 hours ago, Twiggy553 said:

Do you remember that story where Blocko was really fucked at an award ceremony. He got back from the loos and all his mates told him he’d won an award and to get up on stage ASAP. Poor guy 😂 

Yep. That was the Brits 

https://www.facebook.com/MixmagMagazine/videos/never-forget-brandon-block-v-ronnie-wood-at-the-brit-awards-/10154574586571026/

7 hours ago, David_303 said:

I randomly ended up on the piss with Brandon Block once in the late 90s. It was as mental as you would expect it to have been! 

Those days were insane. I had an incident with JJ in Ibiza in the early 2000s. Not a story that can be shared on the internet though

1 minute ago, fred quimby said:

Placid normally does a set as well

He does, though it's often frustratingly early in the day. I saw his set...in 2017...?...and there were about three of us there and a few bimblers mooching through Block9!

Would love to see him somewhere small, nice and late - maybe one of the smaller tents in Unfairground.

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

He does, though it's often frustratingly early in the day. I saw his set...in 2017...?...and there were about three of us there and a few bimblers mooching through Block9!

Would love to see him somewhere small, nice and late - maybe one of the smaller tents in Unfairground.

Ben

Oddly never seen him at Glastonbury. But yea deserves a bit latter and a tent would work well

Hiya, bit of an odd request.  In 2019 I couldn’t get a ticket and instead ended up listening to a few cracking sets live on radio 1 (I think) from the farm. It was either the Wednesday or Thursday night.

I can’t remember the others but it was definitely Prospa followed by Jon Hopkins.  It sounded like it was going off.

Don’t suppose anyone has a copy of it?  Would love to listen again.

Thanks

Edited by Gwladboy