Electronica/Dance

bennyhana22

5 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Thanks, I'll be spending more time at the Glade this year I think... 😄

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't like newer stuff - I definitely do. Not all about the retro tunes! But there's such a vast choice out there I can't keep up, and I don't get the chance to listen to enough to really start pinning down what I like. Very frustrating.

In any case going to try & listen to more recommendations in this thread, giving Overmono a go now. 🙂   

Similar to me tbh, I don't have the time these days to listen to loads of current stuff but I'll be taking some choice names from this thread and going to check them out on the farm. In the past for me it used to be all about the bands but the last few festivals and from now on it's about late nights,electronic bands and djs.

On 4/5/2022 at 4:47 AM, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Anyone from the thread going to Ibiza this year? Circoloco's season is looking sweet

Sorry about the image format.

5466d518-db10-e57b-3d3b-c1efc12aa20a (1).jpg

I'm there (first time in Ibiza!) for the Klock, DJ Tennis, Red Axes, Troxler date.

V excited, although the week after with Gerd, Seinfeld and Mano Le Tough is a bit of a dream, so it's a shame to not be there for that!

Just out of House Of God in Brum. Fuck me, what a night. Because there are so many veterans there (this was the 29th anniversary 😲), it is undoubtedly the nicest dancefloor I've ever been on. 

Magnificent 3h set from Surgeon, followed by an hour live from Paul Damage, and then Sir Real 2h to close, creating as impressive an energy as I've ever seen. Floor full and banging at close (tho, as ever, I always leave 5 mins early, being no great fan of lights up). 

Bpm was perfect all night, no whomp whomp reverbed kick at 140-145 as is so prevalent now, system was excellent and all in all a phenomenal last hurrah before the Farm. 

I'll be a bit fucked later today, but man was it worth it. 

Ben

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Oooft. That's leaving exactly none of my boxes unticked!

Ben

Ha ha, I thought you might like it. It's Mauro Picotto from 2001. Back from when he was amazing. Still sounds absolutely fresh to me too. I didnt hear it til it did the rounds again in about 2011 & had no idea it wasn't "new" then.

Just read your review of House of God. Sounds a great night!!

On 4/6/2022 at 4:18 PM, Acid Loafers said:

Discovered Max at the Gas Tower by luck, my appreciation of audio-visuals has only grown since. 

Max doesn’t think he’s playing this year. He’s keen but forgot it was happening and only mentioned it to his agent last wk, thinks its probs a bit late but you never know…

2 hours ago, jpeee said:

Aye ups. First time into the Electronica thread 👋

Good time to join in with Gatecrasher circa 2001 chat.. I Misses it x

Then you sir have come to the best thread on the site, welcome! 

was before my time but was brought up on it via the parents, would love an early noughties trance set somewhere this year, managed to get to that Kevin and Perry themed night going about and it was up there as one of the best nights I’ve had

On 4/8/2022 at 10:48 PM, Zacko said:

I'm there (first time in Ibiza!) for the Klock, DJ Tennis, Red Axes, Troxler date.

V excited, although the week after with Gerd, Seinfeld and Mano Le Tough is a bit of a dream, so it's a shame to not be there for that!

Sweet! We'll be there again in July, go every year. Still undecided on a couple days but we've got Glitterbox at HÏ and Clockwork Orange (I'm such a nostalgist) at Cova Santa in the diary atm. A distinct lack of anything other than house/disco at the moment but the best I can just about to persuade my GF to see is Ants at Ushuaia (Joris Voorn, Maya Jane Coles, that kind of thing). Unfortunately, my flight back is just after midnight on the Monday so Circoloco is out for me, unfortunately (that 18/07 lineup is right up my street too). I absolutely love DC-10 though, so I'm gonna wait and see what this Patrick Topping "Trick" night is all about. We'll see...

7 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m going but not till September. I’ve got a reunion to attend. 

99B7A7D1-D17E-4338-A740-AA0C62FB15F0.jpeg.34ef56d65ca04b6440c5c440aeb8ca10.jpeg

Ahh, that'll be great fun! I saw that they rescheduled it from a couple years ago (for obvious reasons). That late 90s era in Ibiza was a golden age. Not seen Lange for ages! I just mentioned on a previous post how much of a nostalgist I am, I would have loved this. I'll be scratching that itch with Clockwork Orange this year

17 hours ago, kemosabe said:

Do we think there's much chance of Hybrid Minds playing? They've got huge in the last couple of years and seem to be headlining stages at big festivals etc. But they've never played Glastonbury.

I'd say there's a very good chance. I could see them in a high-up spot on the Sonic stage, maybe even an appearance on Pangea