The Red Arrows flypast. Where were you?

MrZigster

41 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I highly doubt they didn't take a specific detour to pass the festival, and they would have had to liaise with festival control about it beforehand, presumably.

Footage here:

isnt airspace restricted during the festival ? would that also apply to red arrows ? 

2 hours ago, parsonjack said:

At Lewis Capaldi.....in true style he commented musing that the Eavii must have thought he 'needed a f*ckin' fly-past'.

Haha was also there - and that made me laugh too!

30 minutes ago, Crazyfool01 said:

isnt airspace restricted during the festival ? would that also apply to red arrows ? 

I thought so too - there was a lot more in the air this year. Did anyone notice the three hot air balloons Saturday night? I was at Pretenders so assuming most others were at Lizzo so might not have noticed

Plus there were a couple of planes that went over that turned out to be photographers based on pictures afterwards, and then the BBC drones too

Edited by efcfanwirral

23 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I thought so too - there was a lot more in the air this year. Did anyone notice the three hot air balloons Saturday night? I was at Pretenders so assuming most others were at Lizzo so might not have noticed

Yes, they were visible from the Pyramid field during Lizzo, too. One had letters on it but I couldn't make out what they were or if it was an advert!

I was in west holts still feeling great from the the Third World set, eating excellent fish and chips if i recall correctly.  Whilst also being somewhat bemused by Jacob Collier.  Duracell Bunny has nothing on him 😀

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

it is....but only in so far as flying below 3100ft within a 2.5 mile radius circle is prohibited.  Overflying above 3100ft is permitted, with usual ATC permissions obvs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HotChipWillBreakYourLegs said:

In the Kidz Field.

I'm sure a buzzing by the RAF is a semi regular occurrence at Glasto.

I also reckon that the RAF need no permission from Glasto about where they fly!

Probably just tell them to keep the choppers out the way.

Yeah, it's happened loads of times. I assume Glasto often falls on a weekend that they're out and about for a show.

5 hours ago, Dave_c said:

Think I was in my tent snoozing. Is this a thing now that the festival organise or just the red arrows getting some free publicity?

I looked this up many years ago, as one of my school fire drill's was also treated to a Red Arrows flypast.

You can request a flypast and provided they are in the area/there is a justifiable reason for their participation they will usually do it I think.

EDIT: Found the application form, for those interested: https://www.raf.mod.uk/documents/word/flypast-request-form-2023/

Edited by compactdisc
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I must have been higher than they were cos I completely missed them 

I reckon I must have filtered them out as "unimportant nonsense and nothing to do with the festival".

Knowing when they polluted the airspace may allow me to work out where I was.

1 minute ago, Skip997 said:

I reckon I must have filtered them out as "unimportant nonsense and nothing to do with the festival".

Knowing when they polluted the airspace may allow me to work out where I was.

I heard they released a load of chem trails over the valley in an insidious attempt to stop attendees from leaning so far to the left...

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, idb said:

Also watching The Lottery Winners.

The hot air balloons that also went over during the festival must have had a great view.

One of the hot air balloons was the shape of a hand grenade. Really freaky. Zoomed picture and picture of stage with balloon top left

IMG_5957.jpeg

IMG_5958.jpeg

Edited by Neville Street
Getting the right long shot