The Red Arrows flypast. Where were you?

MrZigster

On 7/12/2023 at 2:04 AM, MrZigster said:

Jacob Collier.

I’ve just watched this set on iPlayer - never heard of him before but OMG it was incredible!

I was at Lottery Winners which was fun, but now having my only Glasto 2013 regret 😖

• Upvote 1

On 7/12/2023 at 2:14 PM, Leyrulion said:

The one they did at 9am in 2019 definitely. In my hungover state I thought I was about to have a 9/11 into my tent.

I remember that - I seemed to be the only person who noticed it. It was almost like there is such a sensory overload at Glastonbury, the Red Arrows was just a bit dull 😂

I had watched an interesting conversation with an eminent professor of Hindu studies and a military crowd. He spoke of the dichotomy of non-violence within the military, and he explained how, sometimes you have to choose the path of least violence in order to gain peace. The most obviously non-violent action can lead to greater violence in the long run.

It’s like confronting someone who is being racist. Yes, it creates more conflict in the short term, but in the long term it will hopefully lead to greater tolerance.

I like to think that, in our modern day, our armed forces fight for peace, not war.

Read the Bhagavad Gita for more insight. Peace is not simple and never has been.

• Downvote 1

On 7/17/2023 at 2:28 PM, PassingCloud said:

Was at Jacob Collier and seemed like they were almost directly above the West Holts field, but maybe that was just a perspective thing. 

When trying to spot West Holts in the footage from the cockpits you can't see it at all. Think we must have been right underneath them! 

I had just come out of the toilets at the back of West Holts and saw some people pointing behind me. I turn around and VROOM the red arrows fly right over! Felt super close and directly above! 

• Like 1

On 7/13/2023 at 8:46 AM, Radi0Head said:

I feel a bit disappointed about having the red arrows at Glastonbury.

As a festival which has done so much for peace and supports many charities campaigning for peace. Is it right to have an advert for British imperialism at this festival. I do not think so.

"Hard times create strong men,
strong men create good times,
good times create weak men,
weak mean create hard times,
and hard times create strong men..."

Awkward as it is, without a certain amount of that service we might not even be in a position to enjoy a festival (or speak our thoughts about it online).