21 - Cardiff
22 - Glasto Thurs
23 - Glasto Fri

24 - Belgium
25 - Glasto Suna
26 - Glasto Mon

27 - Germany
28 - Germany

yep the spreadsheet here is great for looking at gaps ... and where all the possibilities sit tour wise 

27 minutes ago, leath02 said:

So Harry has got 
20 - Cardiff
21 - Cardiff
22 - Glasto Thurs
23 - Glasto Fri

24 - Belgium
25 - Glasto Sun
26 - Glasto Mon

27 - Germany
28 - Germany

We can share a lift from Cardiff after his Wednesday gig if he wants. I’ll wait around for him in exchange for an artists pass.

1 hour ago, BenG92 said:

Arctic Monkeys / Harry Styles / Elton John looks like a very Glastonbury top 3. Still think GNR would stick out like a sore thumb. 

and Axl Rose is notorious for turning up for festival sets late.. I don't think Glastonbury would tolerate that?

I remember waiting over an hour at Leeds fest once - he thought he could just run over time to suit himself

GnR never really sat right in my mind.  Emily's throwaway comment (wasn't it "they've got the pay one year haven't they?" in response to being asked about them) is what's mainly fuelling speculation and she could have just been deflecting to keep them in the running for some point in the future.

So if it is Styles/AM/Elton then it's in that order, coz Styles can only play the Friday?  To be fair, I can see that.  Younger artist on Friday, big current act Saturday, heritage act Sunday is a well worn path for the festival.  Feels like a fit to me in a way that including GnR never did.

1 hour ago, leath02 said:

So @Super Johnny Fos, who started this Harry chat today said the three headliners were Harry - GnR - Elton

@Crazyfool01 saying his original info was Harry - AM - Elton

Can't both be right....

For what it's worth,@roughbloke started the GnR discussion (after their odds falling dramatically and Emily saying they "have to play" at some point in an interview) based on hearing they were pulled in to replace Taylor 

It is what I heard. I’ve still got no reason not to believe it but I guess things can change. 

definitely don’t see GnR playing anything other than headline (if they do). 

harry will definitely headline in the next few years but I kinda feel that AM were booked ages ago…pre them releasing their album, everyone was quite excited for them. When the singles/album were released that excitement died a fair bit imo. So if glasto booked arctics last year then that would have seemed like a great booking as it still had all the mystery. 

1 hour ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

GnR never really sat right in my mind.  Emily's throwaway comment (wasn't it "they've got the pay one year haven't they?" in response to being asked about them) is what's mainly fuelling speculation and she could have just been deflecting to keep them in the running for some point in the future.

So if it is Styles/AM/Elton then it's in that order, coz Styles can only play the Friday?  To be fair, I can see that.  Younger artist on Friday, big current act Saturday, heritage act Sunday is a well worn path for the festival.  Feels like a fit to me in a way that including GnR never did.

Emily wasn’t asked about GnR, she was asked about what heavy bands she’d like after having Motörhead etc and she said ‘Guns and Roses have to play don’t they?’

10 minutes ago, mazola said:

But Aerosmith wouldn't? What's the difference?

GnR are just a bigger deal, especially with Slash and Duff now back. The shows they play (and sell out) here are ginormous compared to Aerosmith. And let’s be honest, Aerosmith were also far too big for that slot and they must’ve really have wanted to play the festival to accept it as it surely would’ve been the first time they’d played but not headlined a festival in decades. 

2 hours ago, gorfield said:

and Axl Rose is notorious for turning up for festival sets late.. I don't think Glastonbury would tolerate that?

I remember waiting over an hour at Leeds fest once - he thought he could just run over time to suit himself

He was right on time at Coachella. Pay Axl properly and he behaves.

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

Arctic Monkeys could definitely do the legends slot, as they've got about 6 albums out now and been around for ages. Pulp will deffo headline one night as they're on a comeback and that means Harry Styles does the Friday, with GnR opening the other.

Can't tell if this is serious. Concerning. 

3 hours ago, leath02 said:

So Harry has got 
20 - Cardiff
21 - Cardiff
22 - Glasto Thurs
23 - Glasto Fri

24 - Belgium
25 - Glasto Sun
26 - Glasto Mon

27 - Germany
28 - Germany

Harry takes 22nd off. turns up on the farm on Friday with a fair bit of his UK set up, where the bigger pieces for 'stadiums' are going across to Belgium. Overnight plane after Glastonbury with his stuff to play 24th?