Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

31 minutes ago, pops1998 said:

Yeah, 2009 was the last time!

I’ve always been a huge fan, and Silent Alarm is my favourite album of all time probably. It never gets old.

I reckon they would play high Other Stage most likely - though JP tent seems a good option as well?

Wow, that's really surprising!

Other Stage late afternoon/early evening in the sun would be fucking lovely. Could see them getting a big crowd actually. 

3 hours ago, Zacko said:

There's a great article in the Guardian this week about their influence and how good the first album was (Paramore in particular are mentioned due to touring with them)

Made me realise I'd never seen them and now I'm properly up for seeing them at Glasto. Was trying to think what slot they'd play these days. 

Does anyone know the last time they played? Google only throws up their 2007 and 2009 sets, have they seriously not played since then!? 

You must not have gone to Reading or Leeds in the mid-late '00s - you couldn't miss them because they played the Main Stage every year!

9 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

What do people think of this? 🙂

FRIDAY- PYRAMID 7

Arctic Monkeys - Biffy Clyro - Manic Street Preachers - Gerry Cinnamon - Razorlight - Future Islands - Black County, New Road

OTHER - 7

Pulp - Suede - The Smile - Echo and The Bunnymen - Manchester Orchestra - Sundara Karma - Peace

JOHN PEEL - 5

LCD Soundsytem - Mac DeMarco - Fleet Foxes - The Kooks - Car Seat Headrest 

WEST HOLTS - 4

Danny Brown - SlowThai - Denzel Curry - NDubz

PARK STAGE - 2

Rina Sawajawa - Carly Rae Jepson

LEFT FIELD - 2

Patti Smith - Dermot Kennedy

SATURDAY- PYRAMID 7

Harry Styles - Florence and The Machine  - Wu Tang Clan - Missy Elliot - Aitch - The Specials - Hans Zimmer

OTHER - 7

The 1975 - Bombay Bicycle Club - Friendly Fires - Two Door Cinema Club - King Gizzard And The Lizzard Wizard - Black Midi - Squid 

JOHN PEEL - 5

Queens Of The Stone Age - Interpol - Cage The Elephant  - The Enemy  -Ash

WEST HOLTS - 4

Disclosure - Fred Again - Fatboy Slim - Craig Charles 

PARK STAGE - 2

Editors - Marcus Mumford 

LEFT FIELD - 2

Earth, Wind And Fire - Earl Swearshirt

SUNDAY - PYRAMID 7

Elton John - Lewis Capaldi - Lil Nas X - Guns n Roses - Texas - Mika - Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets

OTHER - 7

Lizzo - Franz Ferdinand - FKA Twigs - Wet Leg - Giggs - Willow - The Snuts 

JOHN PEEL - 5

The Prodigy - Pendulum - The Wombats -  The Hives - Feeder 

WEST HOLTS - 4

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Frank Carter And The Rattlesnakes - Everything Everything - The Amazons

PARK STAGE - 2

The War On Drugs - Beans On Toast

LEFT FIELD - 2

Sigur Ros - Young Fathers 

I think this is an absolutely amazing post, given that it was probably only your 5th ever..!

Of course it is absolute bollocks... but my first 200 posts were carefully worded to ensure i didnt piss off all the shouty bastards on here.. The impetuousness of youth.

I can see Billy Bragg with his head in his hands as it all kicks off on saturday night when "Lets Groove Tonight" starts up... Marvellous work..  !

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

42 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

I think this is an absolutely amazing post, given that it was probably only your 5th ever..!

Of course it is absolute bollocks... but my first 200 posts were carefully worded to ensure i didnt piss off all the shouty bastards on here.. The impetuousness of youth.

I can see Billy Bragg with his head in his hands as it all kicks off on saturday night when "Lets Groove Tonight" starts up... Marvellous work..  !

Thank you! I couldn’t care a less about the shouty bastards! Here to make silly predictions and be told why I’m wrong! I’ve never been Glastonbury and just trying to have fun! Thank you for the marvellous work comment! I’ll be sure to market my next 195 posts based upon your posts after the 200th! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

1 minute ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

Thank you! I couldn’t care a less about the shouty bastards! Here to make silly predictions and be told why I’m wrong! I’ve never been Glastonbury and just trying to have fun! Thank you for the marvellous work comment! I’ll be sure to market my next 195 posts based upon your posts after the 200th! 

Go for it!

1 hour ago, VCK said:

You must not have gone to Reading or Leeds in the mid-late '00s - you couldn't miss them because they played the Main Stage every year!

I very much wanted to, but I was in deepest darkest Cornwall until I moved for Uni so we never made it to either! The jealousy was always immense 

7 minutes ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

thats the spirit mate !

• Upvote 1

On 12/7/2022 at 9:49 PM, willd255 said:

If it helps any investigations, heard from a reliable source last week that GnR are locked in for the Friday night (much to my disappointment)

I've been on the AM forum a long time and would be amazed if those there are wrong about Monkeys headlining, which places them on the Saturday

They're playing Glasgow on the Saturday though, unless they're maybe doing some random secret set of new stuff like Radiohead did for king of limbs.

So, I saw someone today who said they are iNvOlVeD with GnR stuff... I probed as best as I could, but alas they changed the subject on me. They did bring me some Fortnum truffles though, so I will allow this and will continue to badger via Whatsapp.

They also agreed that AM are "a bit crap". The person who they were with shouted "Theyre FAKKING SHeett now" and nearly spilt tea on my sofa.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sauceageroll said:

The Hives to open the Other. That level of energy is exactly what’s needed at 11am to blow cobwebs off.

Haven’t seen Bloc Party since the original line up and really miss Matt Tong. That 2009 setlist is a YouTube go to when having a few shandies. 

I'm absolutely amazed that The Hives haven't been back since 2013. Hands down one of the most entertaining live acts out there. Their sense of humour and crowd banter, coupled with their infectious energy, is so much fun, and they drew a huge crowd too! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, FirstGlastoHype said:

FYI, this level of open-mindedness will take you a long way at Glastonbury! Good on ya mate

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

The shouty bastards always get a bad rep.

Wow... is that really Reading!??!?! I genuinely thought Blink or Green Day might pop up there...?

While some of those acts I would quite happily see, and I get that the music industry changes and tastes change etc, half of those acts were playing mid-sized festivals last year.