Headliners 2023

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, Nestacres said:

Funny hearing people saying the Reading line up on here is shit considering Fender, Foals, Eilish and Wet Leg were four if the biggest sets at least years Glastonbury and that's before we even get to the Killers....

Well yh but it is shit

It is a bit odd to criticise it too much, Billie and the Killers are recent Glastonbury headliners, Fender will very probably be one next year or very soon.

I think it’s because they have the 6 headliners and when you’re getting the likes of Capaldi then it does start to look a bit shit then.

Edited by Jose Pose

Seems like the common descriptor of the Reading & Leeds lineup is "mid". A quick Ask Jeeves later confirms that this means "average or poor". I would tend to concur with the kids on this one, but then R&L stopped becoming relevant to people like me over a decade ago. Purely A-level celebration fodder these days, and that's ok. 

5 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Seems like the common descriptor of the Reading & Leeds lineup is "mid". A quick Ask Jeeves later confirms that this means "average or poor". I would tend to concur with the kids on this one, but then R&L stopped becoming relevant to people like me over a decade ago. Purely A-level celebration fodder these days, and that's ok. 

Will sell out in hours regardless, same reaction every year.

Just now, gfa said:

It won't sell out until near the festival, if at all. AM's day this year sold out immediately because it's AM 

There were still RATM day tickets left until the moment they pulled out

Just now, gfa said:

I'm not so sure this year. Had they got a big rap name like Travis Scott or Kendrick or a pop act like Paramore, then maybe. It will probably sell out eventually, partly because of what it represents for 16-25 year olds over the bank holiday weekend, but I don't think it will be an instant sell out based upon that first announcement. 

I'm not criticising the festival, btw. They've gone in a different direction over the past ten years or so based upon the demand, and that's absolutely fine. Reading was my first festival back in 2000 and the only resemblance between now and then is the name, the city and that they still have yellow posters. But I'm cool with that. Life evolves, and so must we.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I live in Leeds and Leeds Festival has never been my thing. Never been and never been interested in the line ups, however Saturday Bicep into Foals has caught mine and the wife's attention considering we missed both at Glasto last year.

If you are going to see bicep see them in the dark.

2 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

I live in Leeds and Leeds Festival has never been my thing. Never been and never been interested in the line ups, however Saturday Bicep into Foals has caught mine and the wife's attention considering we missed both at Glasto last year.

Bicep outside in the sunshine at 6pm will be disappointing, their visual show is a huge part of the set and it will be totally lost. Horrible placement. Should have been them headlining MSW instead of Imagine Dragons and spend the extra cash bolstering the rest. 

30 minutes ago, Justcalledtosay said:

Bloody weird placing of Bicep considering how much effort they make with the light show. 

1 hour ago, Nestacres said:

Funny hearing people saying the Reading line up on here is shit considering Fender, Foals, Eilish and Wet Leg were four if the biggest sets at least years Glastonbury and that's before we even get to the Killers....

The Friday at Reading is good but the other days are shocking 

Edited by pops1998

2 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Imagine Flaming Lips during the day. It would be good, not great.

First time I saw FL was mid afternoon and they were pretty awesome - given how shit his voice is I think they try to have a bag of tricks ready for whatever the circumstances.  Bicep might be a bit strange in the middle of the day if people aren't feeling it, just arriving from something different (maybe before / after Wet Leg does work, people seemed happy with them and Confidence Man this year)