Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?

scatteredscreens

Has the Glastonbury 2023 ticket prices changed your situation?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. Has the price made you decide to not go to the festival?

• The price is out of my budget and I am no longer planning on attending.
    • One or more people in my ticket group has decided not to attend.
    • I'm still planning on attending.
    • Will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off.

1 minute ago, BenG92 said:

Reposting from the other thread, but it won't make a dent. Wasn't it something like 10% of people trying to get tickets got them this year?

All this will do, sadly, is price out a bracket of earners. 

Incorrect we don’t know the figures of people trying …. Only that some time ago we had Michael telling us the number registered . 

I am still planning on going should I get a ticket. I am fortunate enough to be able to afford it and I always make sure I have the money set aside. FWIW I still feel the price is great value for what you get in return, it's my main holiday for the year and I think the expense is worth it.

That said I think this increase will unfortunately reduce the accessibility of the festival to those on lower incomes.

25 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Add a "will pay the deposit and have to seriously weigh up paying the balance off" option!

That's where I'm at. I never thought it would be this way but for me it might just have to come down to the line-up. I have a wedding and associated costs coming up over the next year and a half, and I know I can't plan to attend Glasto every year for the next few, so the line-up is going to have final say for me.

• Upvote 1

Glastonbury is my yearly holiday, so tic plus camper and expenses will probably hit about £700 for me, but thats a weeks holiday, so I still think its 'reasonable' but I get that other people do actually go on holiday to beaches and stuff, so festivals are probably the first to be culled when it comes to costs.