ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales

Crazyfool01

1 minute ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Is it me, or calling Octoberfest, Chi-toberfest, with the way the 'chi' is pronounced, make it sound 'Shit-oberfest'. 

They've dropped the ball there.

oh yeah 🤣

sorry i wont post any more un-related glastonbury stuff

2 minutes ago, gazzared said:

oh yeah 🤣

sorry i wont post any more un-related glastonbury stuff

It's fine. Just a sign of where inflation is going. Have a good time in the Windy City!

I wonder how much a pint will cost next summer at GF. Probably the wrong thread for it, but if it was about £7.50, then it could also near closer to a tenner by next summer.

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

45 minutes ago, Avalon_Fields said:

I’m surprised the full price isn’t confirmed, I think they should at least explain why that isn’t the case. If it’s for reasonably legitimate reasons such as not knowing where we will be with inflation and costs they should be upfront and tell us. I hope it isn’t so they can be flexible depending on demand, upping the price if the demand is high? 

they might still be working on the price themselves, its not just for us where future costs are unknown.

27 minutes ago, Neil said:

they might still be working on the price themselves, its not just for us where future costs are unknown.

That's the most obvious explanation, imo. I can't imagine they'd ask us to pay £50 upfront without knowing what the total cost would be, and given the state of the economy, I'd guess they're not in a position to lock in the final price by the usual ticket days. So, the only option remaining is to delay ticket day for a month, by which time they might be in a better position to know how much they need to charge.

Doubt there's anything more going on than that.

9 minutes ago, kalifire said:

That's the most obvious explanation, imo. I can't imagine they'd ask us to pay £50 upfront without knowing what the total cost would be, and given the state of the economy, I'd guess they're not in a position to lock in the final price by the usual ticket days. So, the only option remaining is to delay ticket day for a month, by which time they might be in a better position to know how much they need to charge.

Doubt there's anything more going on than that.

All that, plus the gut who'd normally do all that passed away last year. 

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Would it even be legal to have charged a 50 quid deposit for something you don't know the price of?  Probs shouldn't be

No, I don't believe so.  Certain things if you have a quote they can vary if the item changes (eg fitting a conservatory or the like) 

1 hour ago, Crazyfool01 said:

The later it’s left the more expensive it’s going to be 

Yes,I reckon there are too many economic variables and uncertainties at the moment and these are preventing them setting a price. You will have seen first hand the increase in retail prices. The same will be happening with the cost of the infrastructure and staff wages required to run the festival. And don’t forget the increase in what artists will be looking for having lost so many gigs due to covid.    Ten percent rise wouldn’t be surprising, maybe more for car parking, pre erected tents etc. 

48 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Well Its def over £300 without them saying the cost. Will they announce the price on halloween? 

edit. And theres an official balance window for next year. So that makes lineup drop much easier. Last week of March now.

There's an official balance window every year. It's always the first week of April, always has been (except this year when they brought it forward for tax purposes).

Point is they always tell you when you have to pay the balance before you even put your money down.

20 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Yes,I reckon there are too many economic variables and uncertainties at the moment and these are preventing them setting a price. You will have seen first hand the increase in retail prices. The same will be happening with the cost of the infrastructure and staff wages required to run the festival. 

Be interesting to know how much is the electricity/fuel cost. I would suspect massive. 

50 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

All the power is generated by generators so it will be the cost of fuel that will have the biggest impact and that’s come down a lot since summer. 

And it looks like fuel prices will continue their way down if recession hits the world and demand drops. 

Hello folks 👋 

Just dropping in to share ticket day couldn't have landed on a worst day for Swedge and Co. One of our group is getting married on the 5th, pretty much our entire crew will be there and the majority of us are staying at an Airbnb in the middle of nowhere in North England, which apparently has unreliable WiFi. 

We've got tickets in previous years thanks to trying from overseas (me from Sweden in 2019) or from offshore (my mate works o a rig and has gotten through almost every year). Neither is an option this year. 

So feeling pretty nervy this time around. Still, part of the fun eh? 😬

20 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Hello folks 👋 

Just dropping in to share ticket day couldn't have landed on a worst day for Swedge and Co. One of our group is getting married on the 5th, pretty much our entire crew will be there and the majority of us are staying at an Airbnb in the middle of nowhere in North England, which apparently has unreliable WiFi. 

We've got tickets in previous years thanks to trying from overseas (me from Sweden in 2019) or from offshore (my mate works o a rig and has gotten through almost every year). Neither is an option this year. 

So feeling pretty nervy this time around. Still, part of the fun eh? 😬

You’ll most likely get your tickets before anyone else, just the way it goes! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

• Crazyfool01 changed the title to ticket tips and tricks Glastonbury 2024 resales