The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

What was the run in like in 2011? Cos it felt like there was enough rain on the Wednesday alone to trash the site.

My first GF, had stayed up all night in the queue, as we got through Ped Gate A (I assume) it utterly bollocked it down. My mate (another 1st timer) who stresses about everything had been panicking about "Glasto rain/mud" for 9 months, darted under a massive tree with a face like a kid who'd had his sweets taken off him. Fucking hilarious. It eased off slightly as we were trying to pitch but shit me, it was an interesting introduction those first few days.

Not looked back since!

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

And how can you be so sure about that😉.? 

Exactly! My last two Glastonbury’s were 2011 and 2016, both mud bath’s with Coldplay in tow, hope I’m not a curse!! 😬

14 minutes ago, blue6field said:

Exactly! My last two Glastonbury’s were 2011 and 2016, both mud bath’s with Coldplay in tow, hope I’m not a curse!! 😬

3rd time lucky...

No Coldplay and a dry (ish) glasto for you....

(Although I don't get the hate for Coldplay, I have always liked them 🤷‍♂️)

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

The coop and some ice is your friend and having a hat you can soak in water 

Second this. In 2017 (I think it was that year) every time we went past a tap I soaked my baseball cap. On the first day my mates thought I was odd, by Thursday they were all at it. It really does help to keep you cool.

4 minutes ago, Familiar2billions said:

Second this. In 2017 (I think it was that year) every time we went past a tap I soaked my baseball cap. On the first day my mates thought I was odd, by Thursday they were all at it. It really does help to keep you cool.

If you have a straw hat you can wear a Gumby-style knotted hankie underneath and soak that in water. Works well for my OH (and fits his sartorial approach perfectly)

3 minutes ago, briddj said:

Not even a 40% chance of any rain, let alone more than showers.

Yeah if it stays like this it'll be great, a few light showers in the morning would be fine 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Sorry mate you need to stay at home 😂

It’s ok. One of my mates only comes along occasionally. His 3 were 2007, 2011 & 2016. He’s never seen a dry one and almost always brings Coldplay along for the ride. There’s 16 of us heading over this year…and he’s not one of them! We’re sorted. 

11 minutes ago, Toilet Duck said:

It’s ok. One of my mates only comes along occasionally. His 3 were 2007, 2011 & 2016. He’s never seen a dry one and almost always brings Coldplay along for the ride. There’s 16 of us heading over this year…and he’s not one of them! We’re sorted. 

Thats my last 3 too. Be thankful it's green man and end of the road that will be wet this year 

1 hour ago, Familiar2billions said:

If its Scorcio its a bandana and hat for baldie old me. Soak bandana head at water points and put hat on.

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

If we’re comparing the forecasts right now with previous years, it’s looking most like 2005… baking hot in the week running up to the festival followed by a big breakdown at the weekend 👀

This run-up has reminded me a lot of 2019 as well though. Looked negative for weeks then about this time we started getting hope. Something about a Spanish Plume, I think?

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Drinky said:

If we’re comparing the forecasts right now with previous years, it’s looking most like 2005… baking hot in the week running up to the festival followed by a big breakdown at the weekend 👀

Or if you compare the forecast at this point, to what we ended up with, it's 2019. 👀

• Like 1