The Weather Thread 2022

sedra

Just now, gazzared said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but do you know if the Prestleigh Inn is open during festival and is it an easy walk from showground, thanks . 

Thanks for the weather updates 👍

I see no reason why it shouldn’t be open but as it is now under new management this year they may have other ideas.

easy walk…depends what part of the showground you are on. Plus I’m not convinced there is a pavement along the main road, but I could be wrong about that. I suggest you call the pub and ask.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, The Nal said:

We don't want rain

We don't want wind

We don't want sun

We don't want heat

We don't want cold

Ain't got no rain 
Ain't got no wind
Ain't got no sun
Ain't got no cold

I've got my freedom
I've got life!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PolygonWindow said:

I’d love to have seen the GFS for this vs Coldplay mud year 2016. Surely 2016 it was just orange and green 24/7

Funnily enough while the weekend before was torrential, the Thursday - Sunday forecast wasn’t too bad. So there was much more focus on how ground was holding up. 

I remember being hopelessly optimistic that it could recover by Friday / Saturday and then someone on site posted a video of water fountaining out of the ground. 😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Funnily enough while the weekend before was torrential, the Thursday - Sunday forecast wasn’t too bad. So there was much more focus on how ground was holding up. 

I remember being hopelessly optimistic that it could recover by Friday / Saturday and then someone on site posted a video of water fountaining out of the ground. 😂😂😂

The weather wasn't that bad in the 2016 festival. It was the ground that was the problem. Yeah, it may well have dried up without the overnight showers + Sunday drizzle, but it was mainly ok other than the mud.

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

The weather wasn't that bad in the 2016 festival. It was the ground that was the problem. Yeah, it may well have dried up without the overnight showers + Sunday drizzle, but it was mainly ok other than the mud.

This is very true, it didn’t actually rain that much during the festival did it? Mainly Sunday 

3 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yes,as the mud began to dry it became thicker and harder to walk on, real welly eating mud. Also the trackways were also covered by it. 

Just now, Wherethewildthingsare said:

This is very true, it didn’t actually rain that much during the festival did it? Mainly Sunday 

I think there were two showers, both overnight/early hours of the morning. Then Sunday was mainly sog.  It wasn't hot, but I don't remember it being super-cold.

@bennyhana22 was rained on more than me - was that it, or was there more?

1 minute ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

It absolutely shat it down on Wednesday morning - I remember the Festival advising anybody who had not yet set off yet to delay their journey while they tried to deal with the carnage.