What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

I have a question, if people could offer some advice it would be much appreciated and a massive help.

I am illiterate when it comes to tents and every time I’ve been to a festival I’ve taken a small and extremely basic tent, always had problems with them. Mostly due to financial restraints. However, this year is different! I want to take a decent sized tent and preferably one I can stand up in (I’m 6ft 4), I also want a black out tent and easy pitch. A friend of mine had one of those tents you pump up rather than use poles, it was amazing na every sturdy. So my question is, would this tent be any good?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: wrong tent first time.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/6-person-blackout-air-tent-air-seconds-6-3xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-324957?mc=8584571

Edited by alframsey

9 minutes ago, alframsey said:

I have a question, if people could offer some advice it would be much appreciated and a massive help.

I am illiterate when it comes to tents and every time I’ve been to a festival I’ve taken a small and extremely basic tent, always had problems with them. Mostly due to financial restraints. However, this year is different! I want to take a decent sized tent and preferably one I can stand up in (I’m 6ft 4), I also want a black out tent and easy pitch. A friend of mine had one of those tents you pump up rather than use poles, it was amazing na every sturdy. So my question is, would this tent be any good?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/6-person-blackout-air-tent-air-seconds-6-3xl-fresh-black/_/R-p-324957?mc=8584571

I think @crazyfool1 has similar...

Edited by vintagelaureate

6 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

We've booked the hotels. We were planning trying to catch a Monday late flight but we decided to stay that night in London, have a decent shower and talk about the festival feelings and watch some videos with a pint that night!

We are 4 and it is the first time for all of us so it is incredibly exciting. Expectations are high, I hope it doesn't dissapoint!

Don’t worry, it won’t. 

52 minutes ago, alframsey said:

Thanks in advance.

I’m 6’3 so pretty much given up on the idea of standing up in a tent that I can carry on my back. 

I’ve got a 3 man f&b tent. I can get a double airbed in there and can comfortably sleep diagonally in there. 

Are you planning on sharing your 6 man tent with anyone? Tents that large do take up a lot of ground space so think of your fellow campers.

Don’t hog too much space! 

1 hour ago, alframsey said:

Thanks in advance.

Can recommend the inflatable fresh & black tents (although I'm only 5ft 3 and have a much smaller tent).

That 1 you've linked is 26kg! I hope you've got a trolley for that.

7 hours ago, Hawros said:

Replaced my Tarphat, that an idiot mate lost at the last festival.

www.tarphat.co.uk

Wide Brim Amazonas Small Tarp Hat

I love my tarp hat.  I bought a beer cap surround (can't think what to call it - "thingy"?) for it at the time I bought it which my friend lost when she was bringing it to me at a festival.  She and I were both were upset but then my husband taught me how to drill holes in opposite sides of beer caps and now I have a  personalised  thingy of beer caps of beers I like.  I get a few comments about it.  If you see me in it say hi.

Watched some glastonbury videos today, still feeling mouldy getting over covid.  Booked my coach tickets, so that's another thing done.  

Amazed people were able to get out and pitch tents today, we had snow.

Been browsing through time stamps of photos from the last dozen or so years and looking at the blurry images from stages I took so that I could figure out vaguely what I actually saw and correct some clashes which existed within my clashfinders, indeed in some cases record things I didn't have written down at all as I was too busy just erm enjoying life - zooms in "Oh Willie Nelson...ah The Kills..." etc

Bought a top which should make me recognisable to eFesters. It replaces one which I had for years but had to throw out due to shrinkage. 
FEF70C70-C7B5-49EE-9D73-7D07ACA7C0B0.thumb.jpeg.f31b11a9729e31619ec512211fdcdf46.jpeg

Said purchase contributed to my savings for Glastonbury through Monzo’s roundup. I’ve got some way to go… 

88309942-B403-46C5-AA53-FB20E78BB1FF.jpeg.0c54daf78a0092d55adcbfaeb33782e9.jpeg

1 hour ago, blutarsky said:

Bought a top which should make me recognisable to eFesters. It replaces one which I had for years but had to throw out due to shrinkage. 
FEF70C70-C7B5-49EE-9D73-7D07ACA7C0B0.thumb.jpeg.f31b11a9729e31619ec512211fdcdf46.jpeg

Said purchase contributed to my savings for Glastonbury through Monzo’s roundup. I’ve got some way to go… 

88309942-B403-46C5-AA53-FB20E78BB1FF.jpeg.0c54daf78a0092d55adcbfaeb33782e9.jpeg

A grand? 😦How many is that for? Family I take it?

i've ordered a new electronic vape, cos the other ones i have keep getting clogged i hope this new one is betteer.

its nice to have an easy and discrete way to have a puff.

I just booked my train ticket for the Tuesday.

I remembered last time I missed the direct train I had booked to Castle Cary, so ended up getting one to Westbury, and then changing. It was a far more pleasant experience, where I got seats on both trains, so I'm doing that again!

3 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Really like the look of these. Can you fold them up & stuff them in a bag, or are they too stiff for that?

Yeah, they're pretty flexible. If you're lucky and get one with cool logos like that one, makes a good conversation starter too 🙂

Reconvened on my 2020 Joe Strummer inspired jacket for the festival. Can't believe I started it in 2019 and haven't finished it yet! Although the incentive wasn't quite there.

Spent an enjoyable morning planning the final touches. Hopefully it will get a run out at Bearded Theory first.