What have you done today to get ready for Glastonbury 2022?

kalifire

10 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

You got a specific computer just for the resale haha?

A desktop that doesn’t do much the rest of the year .. As I’ve got a laptop and iPad that I find easier … the desktop can display spreadsheet , efest and watts app so I can see them all clearly without needing to flip between screens 

2 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

A desktop that doesn’t do much the rest of the year .. As I’ve got a laptop and iPad that I find easier … the desktop can display spreadsheet , efest and watts app so I can see them all clearly without needing to flip between screens 

Fair enough.. good luck 

10 hours ago, henry bear said:

You could always take a bus/coach - considerably cheaper:

Destinations | National Express

Yeah, its an option but just want a little more comfort heading out of london to bath before we get into the festival On weds. I have a coach booked from bath to glasto and thats a 45 min trip which is gone in the blink of an eye.  Same for heading back, would much rather take a train and not be stuck on the coach for a considerable amount of time. Also more convenient to go to the loo or grab a bite to eat.

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

I have one decent portable charger for my iPhone 12 but could probably do with another one this year as we are leaving the baby with grandparents and don’t want to be out of battery. Any recommendations for something good and affordable?

Not for a specific model, but Anker battery packs & chargers have never let me down - would definitely be my go-to choice. 

This one is currently a bit discounted on Amazon, not a bad price.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ryan1984 said:

I have one decent portable charger for my iPhone 12 but could probably do with another one this year as we are leaving the baby with grandparents and don’t want to be out of battery. Any recommendations for something good and affordable?

Can't go wrong with Anker - here's the one I have its got a pretty good deal on right now too

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07S829LBX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The thing to watch out for with really is you never know how much is actually in the battery - some of the non-branded ones may be amazing, but for every 1 thats not lying is about 10 that holds a 1/4 of what it says.

edit: @jimmillen posted the same one! 

Edited by gfa
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jimmillen said:

Not for a specific model, but Anker battery packs & chargers have never let me down - would definitely be my go-to choice. 

This one is currently a bit discounted on Amazon, not a bad price.

I've got an Anker and it's fantastic - good for 4-5 full charges on my iPhone 11. 

Edit: this is the one I have https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by blutarsky

56 minutes ago, blutarsky said:

I've got an Anker and it's fantastic - good for 4-5 full charges on my iPhone 11. 

Edit: this is the one I have https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VJSGT2A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I managed to fry this one at Latitude last year annoyingly. Its the same storage as the one me and Jimmillen linked but costs £15 more by the way

14 minutes ago, gfa said:

I managed to fry this one at Latitude last year annoyingly. Its the same storage as the one me and Jimmillen linked but costs £15 more by the way

Didn't cost more when I got it - had it for 2019 and I think it set me back just under £30. 

Didn't clock the price when sharing it. 

2 hours ago, blutarsky said:

Didn't cost more when I got it - had it for 2019 and I think it set me back just under £30. 

Didn't clock the price when sharing it. 

The pricing for Anker kit can be a little odd.

The sweet spot is usually their 2nd most recent generation - I think the one @gfa and I shared falls into that category. These are often heavily discounted.

Then you’ve got the latest & greatest - this would be the versions with Power Delivery USB-C fast charging, some with wireless charging etc. These are much less frequently discounted and RRP tends to be higher. 

Older kit, weirdly, seems to also get less frequent discounts - so you can potentially pay more for an older model… 🤷‍♂️

It’s definitely worth double checking all the models to be sure what’s available and what you’re paying for it so you get what you want for the best possible price. And if buying from Amazon, don’t assume the first and/or sponsored results are the best deals… although sometimes they are! 

Not that I’ve spent far too long over the years researching gadgets or anything… 🤓

I finally caught covid… getting it out of the way before Glastonbury 😂😂 

More than 2 years dodging the bullets had to come to an end some time so better that it’s now than June I guess! 

On 3/11/2022 at 5:22 AM, Suprefan said:

Yeah, I was talking to a uk mate and said to just hold tight that the lower fares will come around. At least there is an alternative if I have to do it.

I check this page, which tells you how far in advance all the train companies are selling advance (cheaper) tickets. Not sure if you can set up an alert so you know when more go on sale, but checking that regularly should put you in a good position to jump on better fares when they become available. 

6 hours ago, stuie said:

I finally caught covid… getting it out of the way before Glastonbury 😂😂 

More than 2 years dodging the bullets had to come to an end some time so better that it’s now than June I guess! 

Good news / bad news … hope everything is fine .,. Still somehow stayed clear myself … decent immunity will prevail though 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Good news / bad news … hope everything is fine .,. Still somehow stayed clear myself … decent immunity will prevail though 

Indeed, both good news and bad news! Tbh, I’d become a bit anxious about how I’d fare with it, despite all the jabs, so it will be good to find out! I feel ok so far, achy legs and stiff neck. 

6 minutes ago, stuie said:

Indeed, both good news and bad news! Tbh, I’d become a bit anxious about how I’d fare with it, despite all the jabs, so it will be good to find out! I feel ok so far, achy legs and stiff neck. 

Yep I’m very similar … good luck 🤞 you’ll be good … the jabs work 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, kalifire said:

I check this page, which tells you how far in advance all the train companies are selling advance (cheaper) tickets. Not sure if you can set up an alert so you know when more go on sale, but checking that regularly should put you in a good position to jump on better fares when they become available. 

Aaah, ill keep an eye out on that. I did an alert on the trainline app for the time being also.

and I concur with the anker battery pack suggestions, you just gotta shop around a little. I would reccomend looking on ebay. I bought mine on there and had free shipping while costing less than what amazon had them priced at so you were fiddling around with trying to get prime shipping on there.

Would also suggest if youre willing to spend on a smaller one to compliment the larger one, do that. Got this for my gf years ago and its good to have on you during the day if you need a charge. Then youre not lugging around the larger one til you get back to your tent at night.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Anker-Astro-5200-mAh-Portable-Charger-for-Most-USB-Enabled-Devices-Black-/363756224725?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0

Edited by Suprefan