LAWKS! It’s the Next Announcement Thread 2022!

jparx

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

My guess is we are still about four weeks away from the start of the area announcements.

Arent they normally earlier than that even with the poster in April/final days of March?

I actually expect something to appear next week

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass II said:

Yeah I’m expecting them to be back on the usual announcement cycle now.

Yeah, the secret coach resale today shows it’s really just a case of shifting the tickets before this vat change, in previous years there is no way they’d hold a secret sale just a few days later. No reason any of the other timelines need to change now though. 

2 hours ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yeah, the secret coach resale today shows it’s really just a case of shifting the tickets before this vat change, in previous years there is no way they’d hold a secret sale just a few days later. No reason any of the other timelines need to change now though. 

What was the secret coach sale?

7 minutes ago, tarw said:

Apparently some coach tickets appeared unannounced after the main sale had finished 

Yeah we managed to get 2 individual ones for the spreadsheet team … when I say we I mean others … although I did get on the page and see them briefly which was more than could be said for main sale as I just hit the main page holder 

30 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

2 out of 3 

Chems DJ has been mentioned lots of times.

Looks like its Basement Jaxx based off tour dates - hope its Live as i thought their DJ set was awful at Boardmasters last year.

https://linktr.ee/basementjaxxdj

https://www.orbitalofficial.com/live/

sorry @Euphoricape, although who knows!

Orbital were rumoured for 2019 but, obviously, didn't play and then more strongly rumoured for 2020. 

I don't know where they'd fit on the bill now as I couldn't see them 'just' playing Arcadia. Although I appreciate that's an odd thing to say with the Chems (and those other strong names) rumoured to be on Arcadia.

2 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Orbital were rumoured for 2019 but, obviously, didn't play and then more strongly rumoured for 2020. 

I don't know where they'd fit on the bill now as I couldn't see them 'just' playing Arcadia. Although I appreciate that's an odd thing to say with the Chems (and those other strong names) rumoured to be on Arcadia.

West Holts headline?

19 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

They already have Bicep for WH. How common is it for 2 electronic acts to headline WH in a given year. Cause they could also have Nightmares on Wax possibly headlining, but its not known yet, just that theyre on Sunday.

Bicep are confirmed headlining Sunday WH so that scenario isn't possible.

9 hours ago, gfa said:

Chems DJ has been mentioned lots of times.

Looks like its Basement Jaxx based off tour dates - hope its Live as i thought their DJ set was awful at Boardmasters last year.

https://linktr.ee/basementjaxxdj

https://www.orbitalofficial.com/live/

sorry @Euphoricape, although who knows!

A Basement Jaxx DJ set is quite different to the live show. Expect a handful of BJ reworks amongst some standard house and tech house cuts. Probably what you experienced at Boardmasters?