2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

3 hours ago, Quark said:

As much as it's fun to point out the whole lockdown I'm Dill Dando debacle and question whether he's got the vocal chops to do himself justice these days, it would be glorious.  Personally I'd be happier with him than any of the original 2020 headliners, but equally I'm not going to start lobbying for anyone to be replaced.

As I said the other day regarding Macca, and the same applies for Reg, when 80,000 people are going batshit to the likes of Yellow Brick Road it won’t matter if he’s a bit croaky.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

As I said the other day regarding Macca, and the same applies for Reg, when 80,000 people are going batshit to the likes of Yellow Brick Road it won’t matter if he’s a bit croaky.

Yup. We'd barely get to hear him anyway.

Only downside is you wouldn't be able to move in the crowd. Can you imagine the combo of flags and massive comedy glasses?

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think as well with Elton being in the mix it would explain why they haven't bumped up Dua Lipa or gone for Billie.

I think the fest is probably extremely lucky in that Dua will be coming back and not headlining.

I think Dua is fine with headlining Other and then headlining Pyramid the following year or maybe 2024 if she just releases another album. I mean Stormzy was a sub on Other in 2017 then headlined in 2019. Hell, Travis was in the middle of the schedule on the second stage in 99 and headlined in 2000.

7 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

I think Dua is fine with headlining Other and then headlining Pyramid the following year or maybe 2024 if she just releases another album. I mean Stormzy was a sub on Other in 2017 then headlined in 2019. Hell, Travis was in the middle of the schedule on the second stage in 99 and headlined in 2000.

I just think Glastonbury have got very lucky. My guess is dua is dying to play as she has got across before that she loves the festival.

A huge super attended other set and a 2024 headline would go down fine

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I just think Glastonbury have got very lucky. My guess is dua is dying to play as she has got across before that she loves the festival.

A huge super attended other set and a 2024 headline would go down fine

Well Im sure a lot has changed because there were whispers of a north american arena tour  for spring/summer that was supposed to be announced a while ago and never surfaced. So we’ll find out eventually I guess. And with so many artists announcing their tours over here so far in advance already its a reasonable surprise she hasnt said a word.

7 hours ago, jparx said:

I'll be really surprised if Dua is back on the Other. I think she's either headlining in absence of Taylor/Kendrick, or she's headlining in 2023.

I don't see it. I think she's sub on Friday with a view to bumping up if Kendrick isn't back. Elton always does these and hasn't played so we'll see on that one. Do I think they would say no to Dua Lipa, Macca and Elton?, not a chance for a first year return. They got god knows how many years for others.

As an enormous Elton fan (seeing him in Manchester in December), I would be beyond ecstatic to see him at my favourite place on the planet on Pymild. 

He is a God of music, his shows are excellent, his piano improvs between tunes are mesmerising.... It's fucking Elton John. Hit, after hit, after hit, after hit. 

I'd be a fucking blubbering mess.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ed Sheeran for 2023? New single today so presuming new album isn't far off. Perhaps tour 2022/2023 finishing off at Glastonbury?

Nah way too early, if he ever even does it again. Kind of get the feeling he was a one and done kind of act unless he’s really up for doing it again (although won’t be for a while I wouldn’t have thought).

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ed Sheeran for 2023? New single today so presuming new album isn't far off. Perhaps tour 2022/2023 finishing off at Glastonbury?

Maybe it's just me not being a fan of him, but I don't really see the point in Ed returning so soon. He did the big set, seemed like it was decent (although in hindsight nowhere near the triumph of Adele), but is he the type to really need to headline on every new album? For me it would make more sense a bit further down the line when he's got a couple new albums worth of new material.

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

Definitely think she will do it in the next couple of years.

Much better credentials than someone like George Ezra (who is often considered as a future headliner) in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Definitely think she will do it in the next couple of years.

Much better credentials than someone like George Ezra (who is often considered as a future headliner) in my opinion.

To be fair I think right now Dua Lipa has more credentials than a lot of people!

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

I had the most vivid eFests-themed dream last night. Someone leaked the entire 2022 line-up onto here. Our headliners were:

Friday: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Saturday: Nadine Shah

Sunday: Franz Ferdinand

The board went into meltdown, arguing that surely these were only the subs, because there was no way Franz or Nadine were getting close (and the Saturday sub was Ladysmith Black Mambazo, further confusing things). Someone even pulled out chart placings for Nadine to argue that it was premature.

But for every defiance, there was a cluster of posters convinced that this had to be the real deal, because Nick had finally earned the call-up, and he's too big for a sub now, etc. Actually spooky how believable it was.

gLad i HAvEn't GOt a tICkeT

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kendrick x Reg x Dua would be solid