2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Kendrick didn't announce his 2021 plans until quite late in the year.

Remember this time 12 months ago all of us thinking that there was no chance, but by Christmas he looked a sure thing.

Still all to play for IMO.

I’m still here for a 2020 rerun - best set of headliners they’ve ever booked IMO - so really rooting for him to return! He would always be the act where we’d hear the least from until he’s announced, so fingers crossed.

Wow exploding. I tried to prod the guy who said Kendrick had nothing lined up for 2022 - I don’t know whether he just doesn’t know, or nothing has been fixed yet.

I have a feeling RW did exactly as above and went and booked a lineup without waiting - maybe they thought Kendrick wasn’t going to pull through or might make other plans?

Nos Alive / Opener definitely have space for him on the lineup and Imagine Dragons are playing below a TBA headliner. There is suggestion they are playing below a headliner which is asking for a shorter set time. Kendrick would fit this mould as we know he doesn’t play for long.

I personally still think Kendrick is on, just he takes longer to pop up on the scene than others. Whereas acts like Taylor, Metallica, Twenty One Pilots etc seem to book their tours years and years in advance. 

Just now, zero000 said:

Hmm Reg, Dua and Kendrick for me I think. Based largely on the fact that we haven’t had any info about Macca touring next year and Swift seems to be keeping her cards close to her chest. 

Playing in Belgium the week before glasto. From a very good source on this forum who I trust with my life 😛 

I feel extremely confident all three are coming back.  Swifties are discussing a tour announcement, Macca being in Belgium, and spaces for lineups on festivals Kendrick was booked to play. I know I flirted with the idea of Billie, and reg would be great, but I think it’s more a situation of acts keeping spaces for glasto in their tours because (a) there were discussions pre-pandemic, or (b) they are lining themselves up to step in if one doesn’t work.

In a normal year acts would just do their own thing if it was busy - but across the board we’ve seen venues be inconsistent across touring schedules and festivals trying to honour their 2020 bookings. It’s pretty useless getting pissed off at a festival for honouring their 2020 acts first, as it will be the same picture across the board. Some acts would probably love to put Coachella on their schedule, but if rage, Travis, and Frank are still up for it there’s nothing they can do.

I think there’s a strong chance we get something from Taylor in the next couple weeks that locks her in. The tweet she put out, Michael name dropping her and now this Sunderland rumour are all starting to add up. In isolation they’re all fairly tenuous bits of info, but together it’s starting to look really promising. My money is on she’s recently signed on the dotted line for a 2022 tour and that’s why hints are being dropped and rumours sneaking out. Now three different potential nuggets of info in the space of two weeks. BRM record probably out this week, so i wouldn’t expect any tour news for the next few days, but next week onwards and it could drop.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

I think there’s a strong chance we get something from Taylor in the next couple weeks that locks her in. The tweet she put out, Michael name dropping her and now this Sunderland rumour are all starting to add up. In isolation they’re all fairly tenuous bits of info, but together it’s starting to look really promising. My money is on she’s recently signed on the dotted line for a 2022 tour and that’s why hints are being dropped and rumours sneaking out. Now three different potential nuggets of info in the space of two weeks. BRM record probably out this week, so i wouldn’t expect any tour news for the next few days, but next week onwards and it could drop.

It’s always faint rumours here and there but it’s something. I am interested that she’s going for her own shows instead of stuff like BST… unless she’s confident she can sell both?

I reckon because it’s been a long time she doesn’t want to limit herself to a single London show when there’s clearly way more demand for her in the UK.

Just now, Matt42 said:

It’s always faint rumours here and there but it’s something. I am interested that she’s going for her own shows instead of stuff like BST… unless she’s confident she can sell both?

I reckon because it’s been a long time she doesn’t want to limit herself to a single London show when there’s clearly way more demand for her in the UK.

That’s exactly it. Three tenuous bits of info but it’s at least info - we hadn’t heard a peep from Taylor re: playing live shows since lover fest was cancelled. Now, all at once, we’re starting to get bits and pieces. 

35 minutes ago, jparx said:

That’s exactly it. Three tenuous bits of info but it’s at least info - we hadn’t heard a peep from Taylor re: playing live shows since lover fest was cancelled. Now, all at once, we’re starting to get bits and pieces. 

Do we have a proposed date for the Sunderland show? Reg has it booked near the show, do they tend to group them together or spread out music dates? As she could just as easy be playing a stadium tour later in the year to fans with a bigger festival tour the year after...

1 minute ago, Mattymooz said:

Do we have a proposed date for the Sunderland show? Reg has it booked near the show, do they tend to group them together or spread out music dates? As she could just as easy be playing a stadium tour later in the year to fans with a bigger festival tour the year after...

Tbh I wouldn’t take what I posted as gospel as my friend has been wrong in The past .I just found it interesting that he give that name .

he was 100% sure muse were playing one year and it never happened , I do know Sunderland are desperate to book as many acts as possible for May and June 

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

It wasn’t mentioned yesterday. Paging @brettredmayne?

Of course you’re right - she could be doing anything and a rumoured stadium show on an unspecified date doesn’t mean too much in isolation. We clearly need more info, but from a point where it wasn’t clear if she’d tour 2022 at all, to now a few bits of (currently tenuous) info coming, it’s moving in the right direction.

Edited by jparx

4 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Stadium gigs only really happen in late May/June due to the football season taking up July-May.

• Upvote 1