2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ed Sheeran for 2023? New single today so presuming new album isn't far off. Perhaps tour 2022/2023 finishing off at Glastonbury?

Nah way too early, if he ever even does it again. Kind of get the feeling he was a one and done kind of act unless he’s really up for doing it again (although won’t be for a while I wouldn’t have thought).

2 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Ed Sheeran for 2023? New single today so presuming new album isn't far off. Perhaps tour 2022/2023 finishing off at Glastonbury?

Maybe it's just me not being a fan of him, but I don't really see the point in Ed returning so soon. He did the big set, seemed like it was decent (although in hindsight nowhere near the triumph of Adele), but is he the type to really need to headline on every new album? For me it would make more sense a bit further down the line when he's got a couple new albums worth of new material.

I had the most vivid eFests-themed dream last night. Someone leaked the entire 2022 line-up onto here. Our headliners were:

Friday: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Saturday: Nadine Shah

Sunday: Franz Ferdinand

The board went into meltdown, arguing that surely these were only the subs, because there was no way Franz or Nadine were getting close (and the Saturday sub was Ladysmith Black Mambazo, further confusing things). Someone even pulled out chart placings for Nadine to argue that it was premature.

But for every defiance, there was a cluster of posters convinced that this had to be the real deal, because Nick had finally earned the call-up, and he's too big for a sub now, etc. Actually spooky how believable it was.

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Working in a different office today and they have Capital FM on. Never listen to the station and feels like I'm in a new world.

Anyway, I swear every other song they play is Dua Lipa. Really think we're sleeping on the prospect of her topping the Pyramid.

Definitely think she will do it in the next couple of years.

Much better credentials than someone like George Ezra (who is often considered as a future headliner) in my opinion.

19 minutes ago, northernringo said:

Definitely think she will do it in the next couple of years.

Much better credentials than someone like George Ezra (who is often considered as a future headliner) in my opinion.

To be fair I think right now Dua Lipa has more credentials than a lot of people!

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

I had the most vivid eFests-themed dream last night. Someone leaked the entire 2022 line-up onto here. Our headliners were:

Friday: Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds

Saturday: Nadine Shah

Sunday: Franz Ferdinand

The board went into meltdown, arguing that surely these were only the subs, because there was no way Franz or Nadine were getting close (and the Saturday sub was Ladysmith Black Mambazo, further confusing things). Someone even pulled out chart placings for Nadine to argue that it was premature.

But for every defiance, there was a cluster of posters convinced that this had to be the real deal, because Nick had finally earned the call-up, and he's too big for a sub now, etc. Actually spooky how believable it was.

gLad i HAvEn't GOt a tICkeT

47 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kendrick x Reg x Dua would be solid

59 minutes ago, jparx said:

She's the 2nd most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. She has been in the top 3 for over a year.

She gets better streams than Billie Eilish or any other pop girl.

I know that's not the only barometer, but on a daily basis she's one of the most listened to artists IN THE WORLD. Only beaten by the Weeknd.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She's the 2nd most streamed artist in the world on Spotify. She has been in the top 3 for over a year.

She gets better streams than Billie Eilish or any other pop girl.

I know that's not the only barometer, but on a daily basis she's one of the most listened to artists IN THE WORLD. Only beaten by the Weeknd.

Yep, you don't have to convince me!

If Taylor is gone, I think Dua is headlining. If Taylor is there, I reckon Dua is down for 2023. I'd be stunned if she still plays on the Other next year.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

Update on this - they've played Peaches tune by Bieber about 3000 fucking times today, and it's still no good. Is it just me, or, regardless of how famous he is, Bieber's music just doesn't do it at all.

70m + monthly listeners on Spotify, #1 in the world.

Can someone make a reasonable case that he wouldn't headline...?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's dreadful, but clearly a lot of people listen to him, and I bet a decent number of Glastonbury-goers fit into that.

Just now, maelzoid said:

70m + monthly listeners on Spotify, #1 in the world.

Can someone make a reasonable case that he wouldn't headline...?

Don't get me wrong, I think he's dreadful, but clearly a lot of people listen to him, and I bet a decent number of Glastonbury-goers fit into that.

No real substantial argument, other than it just doesn't feel like something that would happen. Either from the side of him wanting to play and agreeing to the small fee, or to Emily making the move to book him. Plus, is anyone really asking for it to happen? I get there's a sense of taking risks, setting the agenda rather than following along, no one was really asking for Jay-Z etc., but for someone (I imagine) that would be so hard to book, don't think it's something that would be on the radar at all.

Course it would - you're playing in front of thousands of pissed up festival goers after a good time. Any banger, no matter how plastic, would go off. 

And why are we waffling so much about echo chambers all of a sudden?