2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

It's impossible Bad Bunny is not even in the top 20, that list is extremely wrong. Maroon 5 and not him? 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna7281

At least in Spotify this is what it is. 

Are we really going by what streaming sites say? I could click on any numbers of songs, give it two listens ad not like it, imagine if everyone did that. The real proof is in tickets sales and purchased music. How many times is your mate going to go, give this is a listen and you do and don't like it, but it's still a stream.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

You’re prob joking but I’m not sure that is true. Pretty sure it’s the weekend with his monthly listeners.

The Weeknd currently has more monthly listeners but Bad Bunny has held the title two years running for most streams within a year, he has consistent listeners and was streamed 9.1 Billion times last year.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a38400119/bad-bunny-spotify-most-streamed-artist-2021/

8 minutes ago, OnlyRevolutions said:

The Weeknd currently has more monthly listeners but Bad Bunny has held the title two years running for most streams within a year, he has consistent listeners and was streamed 9.1 Billion times last year.

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/culture/art-books-music/a38400119/bad-bunny-spotify-most-streamed-artist-2021/

Who is more popular? A section of the population who stream something a billion times - or the number of people who listen to someone’s material on a daily basis?

By the bad bunny metric BTS would probably be considered one of the biggest artists of all time.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Who is more popular? A section of the population who stream something a billion times - or the number of people who listen to someone’s material on a daily basis?

By the bad bunny metric BTS would probably be considered one of the biggest artists of all time.

I'm not debating The Weeknd's popularity he's far more likely to headline the Pyramid than Bad Bunny is, was just showing where @AlexOvd got his info

7 minutes ago, BFisherr said:

From the same source which said Taylor was going to announce a tour today.

Screenshot 2022-01-28 at 20.20.28.png

Duexmoi is not a source. Duexmoi is somewhere where people submit anonymous tip offs about celebrities and the page hosts them.

You could probably Dm them that Led Zeppelin were reforming and they would post it.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Latin music is invisible to English speakers but a gigantic chunk of the music industry. 

Grime music is invisible to us americans so whats your point. Youre def looking at the wrong metrics when it comes to Bad Bunny vs everyone else. And maybe its a big chunk of the music industry cause theres a continent and a half worth of people that is represented by it. 

He Just sold out his u.s  stadium tour and is going to add more dates. And still has the central and south american dates to place on sale and sell out. 

I mean Spotify is lying right? 

We gonna get into the same argument about BTS and their global reach? 

3 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Grime music is invisible to us americans so whats your point. Youre def looking at the wrong metrics when it comes to Bad Bunny vs everyone else. And maybe its a big chunk of the music industry cause theres a continent and a half worth of people that is represented by it. 

He Just sold out his u.s  stadium tour and is going to add more dates. And still has the central and south american dates to place on sale and sell out. 

I mean Spotify is lying right? 

We gonna get into the same argument about BTS and their global reach? 

I live in the UK. I’m not doubting that he’s big in America which has a higher percentage of Spanish speakers than the UK. I’m talking about the fact that his reach will be invisible in the UK as I don’t think the demographic is here.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Portishead sound like more of a dick for refusing the sample tbh

lol.

As an artist you can turn down requests for a sample. It's not a big deal. You're missing the point in which The Weeknd just produced a home-brand version of the sample, I think Portishead are right to be pissed.

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

So he didn’t use the sample as requested, then made a similar-ish backdrop for a song? Seems like garden variety stuff for a then-upcoming artist who based his sound around noir beat collages.

Struggling to see how one fairly low key incident 8 years ago tracks with him being a “massive twat”.

I wasn't calling him a massive twat. I do think it's a bit shitty...but not the end of the world.

Nice story I heard about sampling. Beats International's number one "Dub be good to me" sampled "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash. The Clash pulled them up and Norman Cook said nah we have played the baseline ourselves so don't need to give you as much (possibly no money back then) 

The Clash replied with ahh but we had a mate who played the velcro on the original.

When you listen back to it you can hear the tearing of velcro part on the original.

Beats International were banged to rights and had to cough up the money. One of the first to have to do so I believe ?

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

So he didn’t use the sample as requested, then made a similar-ish backdrop for a song? Seems like garden variety stuff for a then-upcoming artist who based his sound around noir beat collages.

Struggling to see how one fairly low key incident 8 years ago tracks with him being a “massive twat”.

Yeah. Although I love Portishead a billion times more than I like the weekend this feels like a bit of a non story. And portishead just looking for some fun drama. 

Just now, faymondo said:

Nice story I heard about sampling. Beats International's number one "Dub be good to me" sampled "Guns of Brixton" by The Clash. The Clash pulled them up and Norman Cook said nah we have played the baseline ourselves so don't need to give you as much (possibly no money back then) 

The Clash replied with ahh but we had a mate who played the velcro on the original.

When you listen back to it you can hear the tearing of velcro part on the original.

Beats International were banged to rights and had to cough up the money. One of the first to have to do so I believe ?

Amazing 

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

By the by, Barrow is actually a knob. Unmistakably great musician with a strong moral compass and that, but a proper grouch who throws his weight around behind the scenes and comes off as a condescending berk online. Got a right nasty streak.

Nah he isn't that bad. He has old man yells at cloud vibes on Twitter sure, but I don't think he's a knob by any stretch of the imagination. I've been to a couple of the Xmas charity gigs and he seemed super down to earth there.