2022 Headliners

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Either Harry is a super strong sub or the headliners are Billie, Harry, Macca

The mail/daily star seems pretty confident he is doing it.

The quality of reporting just oozes from the Mail report...

"Glastonbury bosses are said to keen to get the pop star to the iconic Pyramid Stage, as they feel it the right time, reports the Daily Star."

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

"Glastonbury bosses are said to keen to get the pop star to the iconic Pyramid Stage, as they feel it the right time, reports the Daily Star."

That’s just journalism speak. If you’re leaking something you’ve got to draft it in a way that it’s a rumour. 

2 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

Yeah I’m not sure Emily is making comments like that ? 

Just now, GrumpyRaver said:

My point entirely.  Seems to me like another made up on the spot bit of nonsense from Matt

Oh fuck off honestly. In 2016 the mail leaked the headliners way before we knew them. They’ve also published articles before which have leaked other artists.

You just want to have a jab at me so go ahead.

Just now, Matt42 said:

That’s just journalism speak. If you’re leaking something you’ve got to draft it in a way that it’s a rumour. 

It's not journalism speak, it's two grammatical clangers, which reek of somebody just knocking something off that they read in another paper without any care or actual reporting whatsoever.  (I'm a journalist, btw...)

1 minute ago, GrumpyRaver said:

It's not journalism speak, it's two grammatical clangers, which reek of somebody just knocking something off that they read in another paper without any care or actual reporting whatsoever.  (I'm a journalist, btw...)

Or read on here … all these rumours become a source that has more credibility based on them feeding off each other 

7 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Oh fuck off honestly. In 2016 the mail leaked the headliners way before we knew them. They’ve also published articles before which have leaked other artists.

You just want to have a jab at me so go ahead.

This is literally the first time I've heard the Mail or the Star described as reliable sources for Glastonbury leaks.  If anyone else can debunk that, then fine... 

If you want people to take a nicer approach to you on here, why don't you hold back from provoking others, and see if that changes things?

Edited by GrumpyRaver

If they had him in place for a specific slot but contracts weren’t completely signed this statement would still ring true 

I don't know where you're reading me getting upset into anything... i'm just calling bullshit on your ascertain that something must definitely be happening because of a newspaper report with absolutely no weight behind it.

For fuck sake dude this is a festival speculation forum. Why are you so defensive about us talking about Glasto being in the papers. 

I’m dropping now but I hope you enjoyed taking a swing at me because you felt like it.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

For fuck sake dude this is a festival speculation forum. Why are you so defensive about us talking about Glasto being in the papers. 

I’m dropping now but I hope you enjoyed taking a swing at me because you felt like it.

But for the record, I don't have any problem with speculation, discussion and even disagreements on here... I just don't like seeing the way you deliberately bait and provoke others, then repeat your own opinions like they're fact and object when others don't agree.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If they had him in place for a specific slot but contracts weren’t completely signed this statement would still ring true 

They’re pointing out the two grammatical errors in the quoted sentence, as they’ve already said.

But for the record, I don't have any problem with speculation, discussion and even disagreements on here... I just don't like seeing the way you deliberately bait and provoke others, then repeat your own opinions like they're fact and object when others don't agree.

How on earth was anything I said bait?

Harry Styles headlining? I’d rather have Kendrick and that’s saying something.

On the bright side of all this, within the next 4 weeks we’ll not only know the headliners but also a fair chunk of the lineup.

Can’t wait for the virtual punch ups over that!