The happier New year thread

Crazyfool01

Its been a tough year for us all but im thankful that myself and family are here to see it in .... there are many that haven't been so lucky and for sure tonight its worth just taking a moment out to remember those this bloody virus has taken  .... what im also thankful for this year are some of the discussions that have kept me entertained and educated this year and for the many people I have got to meet on the virtual meet thread and im delighted that I will at some point be meeting these people in real life ... an opportunity without a  pandemic I might not have had .... 

Anyway im gonna raise a glass to you all this evening ... Thankyou ..... light at the end of the Boris Tunnel .... here's to a better 2021 ... lets keep everyones spirits up xx

Yes I have to say this year has been a very tough one for me for lots of reasons. Next year I already know will be equally tough and in some parts tougher but whilst I have reduced my time on social media a huge amount this year. This wonderful forum has been my safe little part of the internet. My sanity, my hopes that life can and will get better are always restored a little by the good people on this forum. Who'd have thought that on a year when Glastonbury didn't even take place that we'd need this forum and the spirit of the festival more than ever. 

Thanks to everyone this year who has recommended music or said kind words or made me think that kindness and good people do still exist. @eFestivalsthanks for the light in dark times.  

• Like 1

2020 can fuck right off!! Altjough I did say tht about 2019 after losing my best friend!! The positives are we partied like it’s 1999 to send her off and she hasn’t had to go through this year not seeing her children and grandchildren and friends would have destroyed her!! 

Without 2020 I wud not have made new friends through efestivals I think I have learnt a little about politics the most grown up I’ve ever been!! taken up gardening by growing veg and had the best excuse to buy more fairy lights for the garden and keep them up all year round!!! ! It’s made me appreciate even more what’s important in life friends family looking after each other and ourselves!! 
this time tomorrow Glastonbury will be this year!! 
best wishes to you all stay safe!!! Xxx

Head down until the end of March and things will slowly get back to what we want. 

Having take so much stuff for granted the party will be bigger when it happens.

Happy new year to you all and next time we are on the farm just take a few seconds out to soak it up and realise that its not always a given x x 

Hello all, just wanted to take a minute to wish you all a very happy year, most of all good health!
These days people don't spend much time or thought on some personal words to their friends and family, they just copy and paste some random shit and send it on.
So, after all we've been though together this year I want to thank you for your friendship and wish you a happy 2018!
You are the best gymnastics group anyone could ask for.
Best wishes, Janet
  • Upvote 1

I just wanna say thank you so much to everyone on here for all you've done for me this year.

A huge thank you to @eFestivals you should be so incredibly proud of what you've created here, yeah it's the best festival forum, but it's also an amazing community of like minded, friendly, lovely people! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Especially I'd love to mention @vintagelaureate@crazyfool1 @Kalopsia@Losing my hair @squirrelarmy @ShakeyCrash @dondo @stuartbert two hats @Quark @March Hare @lucyginger @Big durbs @Ozanne @Ayrshire Chris @funkychick2007 @Homer for all ur friendship and support. It honestly means so much more than you could ever know ❤ I hope I haven't missed anyone xxxxxx

Happy New year everyone,  so much love to you and all your families xxxx

Edited by Wellyboot
I'm a terrible person I missed people I'm sorry xxxxx
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I just wanna say thank you so much to everyone on here for all you've done for me this year.

A huge thank you to @eFestivals you should be so incredibly proud of what you've created here, yeah it's the best festival forum, but it's also an amazing community of like minded, friendly, lovely people! THANK YOU!!!!!!

Especially I'd love to mention @crazyfool1 @Kalopsia@Losing my hair @squirrelarmy @ShakeyCrash @dondo @stuartbert two hats @Quark @March Hare @lucyginger @Big durbs @Ozanne @Ayrshire Chris @funkychick2007 @Homer for all ur friendship and support. It honestly means so much more than you could ever know ❤ I hope I haven't missed anyone xxxxxx

Something in my eye

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Especially I'd love to mention @crazyfool1 @Kalopsia@Losing my hair @squirrelarmy @ShakeyCrash @dondo @stuartbert two hats @Quark @March Hare @lucyginger @Big durbs @Ozanne @Ayrshire Chris @funkychick2007 @Homer for all ur friendship and support. It honestly means so much more than you could ever know ❤ I hope I haven't missed anyone xxxxxx

I'd just like to add... I honestly mean it. Thank you all so so much ❤

26 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Nice!    To use your favourite and often used expression

’sorry, I’m out of upvotes’👍😁

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

Happy New Year to you Welly and everyone else! You've all gotten me through so much this year and whenever we finally get to meet the first round is on me 😄