U.S. Presidential Election

FloorFiller

5 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone watching the celebration speech? That drone light show is pretty impressive. 

Would love to know more about how all that works. Getting all the drones to move perfectly in time will take some fun programming. 

Could be Arcadia guys?

12 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Anyone watching the celebration speech? That drone light show is pretty impressive. 

Would love to know more about how all that works. Getting all the drones to move perfectly in time will take some fun programming. 

We stayed up to watch them. I know that neither Biden nor Harris is perfect and no doubt they will disappoint me but can't pretend I didn't get a bit emotional during that. Loved how inclusive it all was. Loved that science got a few shout outs. Currently optimistic. And tired.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Been done at Coachella. Odesza partnered with Mircosoft to have it done during their set. Kacey Musgraves also had one at an Amazon festival in Vegas.

On 11/3/2020 at 3:20 PM, tevaburger said:

As a voter today I feel pretty good about what lies ahead over the next 12 hours although it will take a long night of alcohol to soothe my nerves. I do worry about signs that Pennsylvania seems to be more of a toss-up than the Biden win it seemed a few weeks ago. The Pittsburgh Gazette just endorsed Trump last night which is scandalous as it hasn't done that for a Republican candidate since 1972. That will justify many in western Pennsylvania to come of the fence and not be 'embarrassed' to vote Trump. That fucking newspaper is making it seem 'respectable' to do it.

Thing is, a Biden win needs to be a landslide not a 'close win'. It's just embarrassing if it's seen as "oh, he barely lost"...I'm hoping places like Georgia, Arizona can come through for the good guys, but more importantly these other races on the night for parts of our Senate here are important in places like Maine, North Carolina, Arizona and a few others. Particularly sadly, it looked until quite recently that we might oust two of the people that epitomize what a lot of us hate about America, Mitch McConnell and Lindsay Graham, but they now look like they will safely hold on, which puts a bit of a damper on things knowing they'll be around. 

Thing is though, this country is fucked for years...what he's done is built this cult of pick-up driving, flag-waving, gun-toting militia types who will be showing up for Trump rallies over the next few years (I mean, what else is Trump going to do but continue with these rallies, it's what he gets off on). Even in NYC this past Sunday as I was driving in a pouring rainstorm, a Trump caravan had shut down opposite side of a major bridge here connecting Queens to the Bronx. Traffic for a few miles behind as a result, just idiots out of their trucks waving Trump/Pence flags. In hindsight my rolling window down of my car and sticking middle finger out at them was quite a dangerous act as I could likely have been shot by any of these angry fucks. They think they're going to win, they expect to win, and they'll be convinced that if they don't win, that they were 'cheated'. Too many 'sources' are telling them that. So many stupid people in this country (I must say though, Britain is slowly become that way too, ignorance growing there too, and I say that as a US/Brit dual citizen) and many will remain stupid and angry. The more stupid and angriest are the ones who buy most of the guns and ammunition as well. It's going to be scary in the aftermath and Trump will be encouraging it. 

But...we're winning this thing tonight! 

I didn't literally mean 'tonight', I really meant 'in a few days' time'...

Relief, Ecstatic 

3 hours ago, Suprefan said:

And Raphael Warnock. Its 2 races, not just one. Everyones more focused on Ossoff cause he got the highlights last week in the last debate vs his opponent.

Of course, but RW only managed 32% albeit in an open contest. JO is the winnable race. 

Just now, Punksnotdead said:

Has there been any news from the shitehouse in the Whitehouse overnight? The oompa loompa seems to have gone strangely quiet!

There was apparently a message given to reporters that there would be no more appearances/news coming from the White House yesterday after his Twitter rant, but I expect he’ll be back at it in full force today and I can’t wait!

35 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

What's the latest with Arizona?

Last I heard Trump was gaining but not enough to overtake? Seems to be taking so long, when is the next update?

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html#

its closing in and it will be tight but it doesn’t matter Georgia lead is now over 10k