Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

Countdown now at 11 days until hospitality opens here and that first pint can be savoured. Bloody annoying that the weather at the moment here is ideal for outdoor drinking.  Pubs and hotels beginning to show signs of life with staff in cleaning and outdoor areas being spruced up and additional seating installed.  Even saw a mop and bucket being dragged into the local Weatherspoons  bogs (won’t give them my custom anyway). 

I've just got back from the pub. First time out out for months, though not really out out, but a bit more than just out.

Nearly went to my regular weekend haunt earlier which had a great band on in the garden but they started at 17:30 and having come off of a night shift with only a couple of hours or three of sleep fitted in decided against it as knackered and a long way to walk and it had got a bit too late to be worthwhile.

Then I got a phone call at about 20:00 inviting me out to a closer place:

"They've got a band on".

"Who are they?".

"Don't know".

I was honestly just thinking about about going to bed(ish) and watching a movie. I'd like to say they talked me into it, but to be fair, after I'd pointed out how tired I was they did leave it to my discretion, so I guess I talked myself into it. Was going to have to bite the bullet at some point. May as well get it out the way.

Turned out to be one of the definitely not that great local bands, but hey, a night out watching a band again. If they'd told me who it was I probably wouldn't have bothered.

It's been a while. Haven't been in that kind of (still distanced) crowd for so long

It didn't feel like a Saturday though. More like a Sunday. That's probably a lot to do with my shift work but also maybe bands starting earlier due to the gardens and the neighbours.

Ooh. And I may have broken the law by (only slightly honest) mixing with more than two households and briefly kissing one of them. Is that fine-able?

Back home and alone again now though. I maybe a bit sleep deprived (as well as the bevy).

Midland hotel in Morecambe for a couple of pints yesterday teatime. We were in no rush to get back to the pub really, but we went for a walk & saw that it looked fine & popped in. Once we settled in I’d forgotten how lovely it is just sitting and having a couple of pints. 

Managed to get our favourite seats in the sun trap. Ordered our drinks off the app and had them brought to us.

Occasional queues of 1-3 groups who just sat on the wall & sally distanced while they waited about 15 mins at most for a table to be free.

All in all it was really calm and relaxing just sitting in the sunshine looking out at the bay...

7 minutes ago, gingerevans84 said:

Had a couple of pints of Guinness on Southend seafront yesterday in the sunshine. Had no intention of doing so, but the empty table seemed to call us.

Bit strange that the male toilets had to be locked whenever not in use to keep numbers down!

Drove along the esplanade yesterday looking for parking to go to Cliffs to get my vaccine, the whole place was absolutely rammed. Queues for the adventure park were insane.