Don't go to the pub

stuartbert two hats

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Going to be some scenes on Wednesday night I reckon 

Went to a comedy club in Covent Garden on Sat night and didn't see anyone congregating when I left at 10pm (I did walk straight to the tube though). Going to go again on Tues, so will be interesting to see if it's carnage.

1 hour ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't found it difficult, if I'm honest. I used to live my life in pubs, but that was a long time ago now. I was (and still am) mostly drinking at home when covid first struck, in any case. That said, I could go a few pints of real ale, but it just wouldn't feel comfortable for me- so what's the point of paying to do something where you can't relax, I ask myself?

I always had trouble walking past a pub, but since this, I don't really miss it. Tried it a few times and it was uncomfortable.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

yup, all over the country too, rather than the one or two towns it's been on the other occasions.

Was actually supposed to go to the pub on Wednesday but have cancelled it because I don’t want to be “THAT GUY”. Gone into voluntary lockdown early apart from swimming which I’m still doing until Thursday. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I haven't found it difficult, if I'm honest. I used to live my life in pubs, but that was a long time ago now. I was (and still am) mostly drinking at home when covid first struck, in any case. That said, I could go a few pints of real ale, but it just wouldn't feel comfortable for me- so what's the point of paying to do something where you can't relax, I ask myself?

Yeah thats how I am with the indoor side of it - I do love a pint in the sun though. Ill miss the amazing meals at this particular place near me as well! Can never cook a burger quite so well at home.

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

In my local on a cheeky pre lockdown date. Total cost for a pint of ale and a Guinness, £3.49. There’s no need to go to a spoons for cheap beer. 

Get the ale drunk before they pour it down the drain! 

The date is going that well that you are on efests then ? :) 

2 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

She popped to the loo so had a spare minute. 

My wife's brother's beloved date popped to the loo once at a restaurant that they (my wife's brother and his date) were eating at. He then waited for her to come back. Then he waited some more, and then more again. Finally, he asked the staff to go check on her. Unfortunately she was found dead in a toilet cubicle. She died a natural death, but oh so very young. I'm not allowed to say it to the family, but it evidently destroyed him - my wife's brother.

Apologies for any perceived negativity. It's just that your post reminded me of it. And, if truth be known, why shouldn't her life / existence be 'continued' in some way? 

Talking of limited time - this (possibly again. I'm not sure.):

• 5 months later...
19 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Bump.

Have I read it right that you need an app installed to go to a pub now?

Fuck that nonsense. Are places allowing you to just sign a book/fill out a form like the last re-opening?

Just went out and had a pint and some food at a restaurant and we didn't get asked for any info whatsoever.

30 minutes ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Where? Installed where?

On a smartphone I guess.

28 minutes ago, deebeedoobee said:

No app needed at our local

21 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just went out and had a pint and some food at a restaurant and we didn't get asked for any info whatsoever.

3 minutes ago, Beerqueen said:

We went to our (almost) local.  No sign in at all.  

Very good to be back at a pub - not our usual, but the one that was open and worth going to again.  Who knew they even had a garden?

Thanks all. May have a wander tomorrow night.

1 minute ago, MrZigster said:

Thanks all. May have a wander tomorrow night.

We found not many open and those that were were fully booked so maybe do a bit of research before?  Though for me, even driving around the county was a bit of a treat.  Ironically, the one we found that was open and had tables was in the next village (on our way home and more or less given up) and one that I said to my husband "nah, there's no way that will be open"!