BBC Glastonbury

JoeyT

1 hour ago, MoilyX said:

I downloaded the (1h) set from iPlayer before realising I already had this set downloaded from a while ago, which happens to be the full 1h33 set. Captions at the start mention that only 12 out of 20 songs were originally broadcast (hence available in proshot) but whoever created this version added fan footage to make up the full set. 

I've uploaded it here, in case anyone wants a copy:

Mega.nz - Radiohead 1997

As mentioned, hopefully the full set proper is available after broadcast on the Glastonbury channel. 🤞

Yeah ive seen that. Holding out hope for now.

Has anyone else seen that the Julian Temple film that I though was scheduled for 8pm tonight on BBC 4 seems to have disappeared from the schedules? Or is it just me and virgin media?

17 minutes ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Now onto Lana. The person whose voice cracks as they scream "I LOVE YOU LANA" at the very start... would have been me... tomorrow 😭😭

I watched her set earlier and was surprised how big the crowd was. I remember it being fairly busy but the field looks packed.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I watched her set earlier and was surprised how big the crowd was. I remember it being fairly busy but the field looks packed.

I've just looked up the setlist and she did Blue Jeans and Born To Die in this show, but they're not in this iPlayer show. Gutted. I can forgive her a subpar performance because I'm likely to be drowning it out with my own singing, but maybe she really stunk those up so the BBC thought best to keep them out?

Just now, WestCountryGirl said:

I've just looked up the setlist and she did Blue Jeans and Born To Die in this show, but they're not in this iPlayer show. Gutted. I can forgive her a subpar performance because I'm likely to be drowning it out with my own singing, but maybe she really stunk those up so the BBC thought best to keep them out?

I quite enjoyed it at the time but yeah, it definitely wasn't a classic set. Hopefully she's back next year to make up for it. Some of the songs the BBC missed out are on YouTube anyway if you want to watch them

Currently watching the Killers set from last year back for the first time. Going to watch The Cure back for the first time tomorrow night.  They both massively exceeded my expectations on the night, and ended up being 2 of my favourite Glastonbury sets. So good.

Watching The Cure yet again.  Already watched it 3 times and it gets better every single time.  Oh how I wish I had been there - absolute classic set.  Watching Robert and Simon together at the start of Pictures Of You gets me every time - they are just right in the zone.  I would have been on the Farm for the first time right now of not for bloody corona, but gonna make the most of it by watching these legends at work, with more than a few ciders for company. 😄