When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

This is why we have trials. Any medication has a risk of side effects and some people are more susceptible than others. 

20 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

You can’t hang out with more than 6 members of your family but you can still go to work then go to the pub after with plenty of other strangers. Dumb. 

exactly and this will be the reason people won't bloody follow it :( 

On 9/6/2020 at 12:05 PM, Toilet Duck said:

A combination of things really, yes, our vaccine development platforms have improved, so we are good at making things that will stimulate our immune systems. However, much like drug development, most of the failures come at phase 3...all of the vaccines developed so far generate an immune response and don’t have any obvious side effects. Phase 3 is where you see if it actually stops you getting infected/developing the disease and where you start to pick up rarer side effects...so still plenty of time for them all to fail! (I don’t think they all will)...

Here we go 😟

A message from a mate who knows someone. Dunno if its true.

I've just been informed of the specifics of the case and the person in question had a severe degenerative disease, the programme has been paused so they can review participants who have similar conditions and start additional monitoring.

10 minutes ago, zahidf said:

A message from a mate who knows someone. Dunno if its true.

I've just been informed of the specifics of the case and the person in question had a severe degenerative disease, the programme has been paused so they can review participants who have similar conditions and start additional monitoring.

Why the hell are they trying out a vaccine on someone with a severe degenerative disease? 

19 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Was hoping to see some friends next week, but there's 7 of us in the group. Do we a) draw straws to see who's not invited or b) break the rules in a very specific and limited way?

Draw straws to determine who’s technically not invited. The non-invitee shows up anyway. If the police stop you, claim you’re a group of 6 and the non-invitee is testing his eyesight. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, guypjfreak said:

Looks like it's all starting again old sons... Not fucking good. 

Yeah, I have just given up on the rest of the year.   I booked a super cheap flight to Tenerife for November back in March, thought it was worth the gamble.   Now writing off my significant birthday celebration.    

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Here we go 😟

Don’t panic!...yet! They’re still doing everything by the book, which is good to see. If you gave 30,000 people jelly beans and followed them up, there’s a chance someone gets sick, but you have to make sure it was the jelly beans and not something else...or, you find out that others like them just can’t handle jelly beans, so they don’t get them anymore, but for most people, they are grand (I’m more of a wine gums man myself tho!)...It’s not an uncommon occurrence. However, it would be unprecedented for every vaccine to succeed. Thankfully, there a bunch of them in the works! 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Lizzim said:

Yeah, I have just given up on the rest of the year.   I booked a super cheap flight to Tenerife for November back in March, thought it was worth the gamble.   Now writing off my significant birthday celebration.    

Not good.... Think I'd still go abroad and just do the lockdown.. Sod it we're ALL GOING TO BE IN LOCKDOWN.... France is high.. Looking like the tour will be cancelled... As will all sports at this rate.. Soz about your bday 

10 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Why the hell are they trying out a vaccine on someone with a severe degenerative disease? 

Well, they need to test in vulnerable groups who will actually get the vaccine. No point giving it to a bunch of 18-30 year olds who then don’t develop sterilising immunity, only to find out when you introduce mass vaccination that it kills all the people you were aiming to protect! 

Edited by Toilet Duck

1 hour ago, zahidf said:

Does it apply to socially distant gigs/plays/pubs?

I think the point with those is that you can't attend in a group of more than six. Apparently it doesn't matter at all that there are loads of other people there.

How the hell they are going to enforce this in people's houses is beyond me. Are they relying on nosy neighbours?

1 minute ago, guypjfreak said:

Not good.... Think I'd still go abroad and just do the lockdown.. Sod it we're ALL GOING TO BE IN LOCKDOWN.... France is high.. Looking like the tour will be cancelled... As will all sports at this rate.. Soz about your bday 

Maybe I'll get lucky and get tickets for Glastonbury for 2021.   That will make up for it.  Still not too old in my head at least.

• Upvote 1