When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What makes no sense at all in the rules before is that over six as long in two households indoors would be fine, but outdoors it's six no matter how many households? How does that work?

Anyone know what time the briefing will be?

Actually I'm wrong according to the BBC - it was two households any number, indoors or outdoors before;

Previously, guidance allowed gatherings of up to six people from different households outdoors - or two households of any size, indoors or outdoors. But until now the police have had no powers to stop them unless they exceed 30.

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Actually I'm wrong according to the BBC - it was two households any number, indoors or outdoors before;

Previously, guidance allowed gatherings of up to six people from different households outdoors - or two households of any size, indoors or outdoors. But until now the police have had no powers to stop them unless they exceed 30.

@Ozanne and your posts just show how awful the messaging has been on this. No clarity at all.

I’d say it’s Tory incompetence again, but I think the guidance is actually carefully crafted to be as muddy as possibly to cover themselves and shift the blame to us.

Just now, jparx said:

@Ozanne and your posts just show how awful the messaging has been on this. No clarity at all.

I’d say it’s Tory incompetence again, but I think the guidance is actually carefully crafted to be as muddy as possibly to cover themselves and shift the blame to us.

Yeah that was kind of my point above, and that someone else made yesterday. If people who follow a thread like this daily are still confused about the rules, which I clearly am, how does anyone less engaged have a clue? I think you're right too that it's muddy on purpose.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

What makes no sense at all in the rules before is that over six as long in two households indoors would be fine, but outdoors it's six no matter how many households? How does that work?

Anyone know what time the briefing will be?

matt hancock is gonna be on virgin radio this morning, maybe he'll clear everything up 🤣

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It's PMQs today isn't it? So briefing at 5?

I would think so. Johnson is also up at the Select Committee too I think today.

Yeah it’s pretty muddled, they must’ve changed the rules in August then as that’s what I read on gov.uk a few weeks back. 

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

In the BBC story on the 6 person restriction it says

"No 10 said any group of seven or more people gathering anywhere "risks being dispersed by police or fined for non-compliance".

Is that a typo? Is that the government being aware that some people - police or population - find counting difficult and '7 is basically 6 anyway'? 

I took that to mean that gatherings of 6 and fewer are allowed, whereas a gathering of 7 (or more) can be broken up by the police

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, gazzared said:

What I dont understand is why wait until Monday, surely thats just gonna encourage all the idiots to have big partys all weekend ???

It is weird. Like giving people over a week to buy a mask before making that compulsory. And yet the local lockdowns are enforced instantly aren't they?

1 minute ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

It is weird. Like giving people over a week to buy a mask before making that compulsory. And yet the local lockdowns are enforced instantly aren't they?

Boris will be at a party this weekend so he’s waiting till after he’s had his fun. 

4 minutes ago, gazzared said:

What I dont understand is why wait until Monday, surely thats just gonna encourage all the idiots to have big partys all weekend ???

totally agree, and this has been the case with all of the big announcements.  The original lockdown was the same, everybody went out on the Friday night for a big piss up.  Then the introduction of groups, as soon as they mentioned it on the Friday people started that weekend rather than waiting for the Monday.  Why the f*** don't they just announce it on the Monday!

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

In the BBC story on the 6 person restriction it says

"No 10 said any group of seven or more people gathering anywhere "risks being dispersed by police or fined for non-compliance".

Is that a typo? Is that the government being aware that some people - police or population - find counting difficult and '7 is basically 6 anyway'? 

Up to six is allowed.  Seven is more than six, so not allowed.

chris evans asked matt hancock about a drive in gig hes going to, matt said he doenst think it'll be allowed to go ahead but will check with the PM later today . seems strange when they wont be leaving their cars ?

13 minutes ago, gazzared said:

chris evans asked matt hancock about a drive in gig hes going to, matt said he doenst think it'll be allowed to go ahead but will check with the PM later today . seems strange when they wont be leaving their cars ?

the 30 person law, which has now been dropped to 6 (from next week) doesn't apply to businesses, etc.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

the 30 person law, which has now been dropped to 6 (from next week) doesn't apply to businesses, etc.

yeah thats what I thought but when chris asked matt said he didnt think i'td be allowed , I think he meant because theyd have to leave thier cars at some point to go the toilets and stuff