When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

This 6 person rule is finally bringing into law what has just been the "guidance" all along.  

Keep it simple and clear so it's easy for people to follow.

Was that the guidance before though? I don't think it was. I thought it was two households indoors up to 30 or six from different households. And no limit on outdoors. 

I could be wrong though! As someone said earlier, it's worrying how people who have been following this whole process more than most don't even know what the rules are! 

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Was that the guidance before though? I don't think it was. I thought it was two households indoors up to 30 or six from different households. And no limit on outdoors. 

I could be wrong though! As someone said earlier, it's worrying how people who have been following this whole process more than most don't even know what the rules are! 

Actually no I think there must have been a limit outdoors... to 30?

5 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

You're right the whole thing is an absolute mess! 

Most recent from gov.uk is attached, it actually doesn't mention the 30 limit but that is the law as it stands. 

Screenshot_20200909-002133.png

2 hours ago, steviewevie said:

They're doing this breaking of the agreement deliberately when Barnier is in town - trying to provoke him to walking away first? so they can blame the chaos on them not giving us a "deal" (when much of the chaos we'll see immediately is baked in either way) 

Edited by efcfanwirral

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Don’t panic!...yet! They’re still doing everything by the book, which is good to see. If you gave 30,000 people jelly beans and followed them up, there’s a chance someone gets sick, but you have to make sure it was the jelly beans and not something else...or, you find out that others like them just can’t handle jelly beans, so they don’t get them anymore, but for most people, they are grand (I’m more of a wine gums man myself tho!)...It’s not an uncommon occurrence. However, it would be unprecedented for every vaccine to succeed. Thankfully, there a bunch of them in the works! 

Jelly beans and wine gums. Finally you've found my level

6 hours ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

The guidelines before we’re indoors you could only meet up to 2 households and outdoors no more than 6 people. As I said yesterday I don’t see why people need it to be law now to follow the rules when they were in place anyway. 

In the BBC story on the 6 person restriction it says

"No 10 said any group of seven or more people gathering anywhere "risks being dispersed by police or fined for non-compliance".

Is that a typo? Is that the government being aware that some people - police or population - find counting difficult and '7 is basically 6 anyway'? 

Here we go! Feels like March again and we’ll have big changes to the regs everyday now as cases ramp up. Not to be doom and gloom, but it seems (surprise surprise) the experts were right, thinking particularly of Whitty saying we’d reached the limit of what we could ease. 

Christ only knows what’s going to happen when students head back to Uni in a couple weeks.

1 minute ago, zahidf said:

I am also comfortable breaking the law so I have more money from mugging old ladies

That whole thing is just new levels of Tory shamelessness. I’m sure ER felt comfortable breaking the law and blocking the Murdock rags at the weekend as well.

57 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

The guidelines before we’re indoors you could only meet up to 2 households and outdoors no more than 6 people. As I said yesterday I don’t see why people need it to be law now to follow the rules when they were in place anyway. 

I know, my point is more that it's confusing. Which it clearly is if everyone has different interpretations of it. 

Turns out I've broken them then as we met our friends with three kids in a park. Would have been seven of us. I don't regret it though as I don't see that as any more risky than people being In packed pubs I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

Also the rules have changed. It's was 2 households up to 30 before indoors. Now it's up to 6.

7 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Also the rules have changed. It's was 2 households up to 30 before indoors. Now it's up to 6.

Do you mean the rules have changed after the update last night?

I remember last month talking to friends about the cinema and we couldn’t all go together as there was 3 of us but from 3 different households. 

1 minute ago, Ozanne said:

Do you mean the rules have changed after the update last night?

I remember last month talking to friends about the cinema and we couldn’t all go together as there was 3 of us but from 3 different households. 

The rules change on Monday. Before you could have up to 30 as long as from 2 households indoors. It's in what @Leyrulion posted above. So there will be a change. What you are saying is still correct but it has changed.

Personally I think the numbers are pretty arbitrary and bollocks. We are still barely seeing anyone so apart from that terrible transgression I mentioned above, we will still be within the rules I imagine. I find it absolutely baffling that pubs and restaurants are all good but my friends would have to leave one child at home to meet us outside. No point looking for logic in most of this though.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Toilet Duck said:

Don’t panic!...yet! They’re still doing everything by the book, which is good to see. If you gave 30,000 people jelly beans and followed them up, there’s a chance someone gets sick, but you have to make sure it was the jelly beans and not something else...or, you find out that others like them just can’t handle jelly beans, so they don’t get them anymore, but for most people, they are grand (I’m more of a wine gums man myself tho!)...It’s not an uncommon occurrence. However, it would be unprecedented for every vaccine to succeed. Thankfully, there a bunch of them in the works! 

yeah ... this. Lots of vaccines being worked on, only some will succeed.