When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

4 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

There seems to be a gap in treatment options for those with 'mild' cases not in hospital. Advances in treatment for hospitalised patients is great but I haven't heard of anything yet, apart from supplements, for the milder cases which we know can also cause serious damage and long drawn out complications.

There was an interesting story on the Beeb about it this morning:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-54031587

We do need to avoid being complacent about thinking this only affects old people. I don't fancy having those kind of issues months down the line.

20 minutes ago, Waterdeep said:

There seems to be a gap in treatment options for those with 'mild' cases not in hospital. Advances in treatment for hospitalised patients is great but I haven't heard of anything yet, apart from supplements, for the milder cases which we know can also cause serious damage and long drawn out complications.

There really does, I guess it makes sense in a way but we run the risk of forgetting about people with less severe but long lasting conditions as a result. That’s why to just go by hospital admissions isn’t really fair.

Bolton have even tighter restrictions now. Pubs shut between 10pm - 5am, it’s lucky that COVID only comes out at night in Bolton. 

17 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

Does anyone know the threshold of what a place has to pass to be put in a Leicester style lockdown? As fear for Bolton at the moment with today's figures

Manchester covid rates 7-9-20.jpg

It got to 160 per 100,000 but actual lockdown was around 140 with restrictions as below. I don’t think the measures will be as hard as this, particularly regarding school closures. I do hope there are better figures for you later today - and elsewhere!

78A3CBF0-29E2-4EE7-8939-3CF3C28A1532.jpeg

E2CC6AAE-738E-4A4F-9415-258A1193D8D7.jpeg

Edited by onthebeach

29 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

There really does, I guess it makes sense in a way but we run the risk of forgetting about people with less severe but long lasting conditions as a result. That’s why to just go by hospital admissions isn’t really fair.

Bolton have even tighter restrictions now. Pubs shut between 10pm - 5am, it’s lucky that COVID only comes out at night in Bolton. 

And it could be that a treatment for non hospitalised cases would stop people getting to hospital in the first place, which would be helpful in the NHS capacity sense

I do wonder if there could be a supply issue similar to masks, in that the treatments they use in severe cases is the same as those in mild, but there is just not enough in the world. Something definitely doesn't add up.

I've just been reading on the BBC that there have been over a thousand complaints regarding the BLM dance rouitine by diversity. Do people agree with this interesting to hear some points of view. Video below for reference.

3 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

I do wonder if there could be a supply issue similar to masks, in that the treatments they use in severe cases is the same as those in mild, but there is just not enough in the world. Something definitely doesn't add up.

Yeah, I'd imagine a lot of the stuff they're discovering at the minute is only suitable for administration in a controlled medical environment. Something akin to over the counter medicine that most of us could all take prophylactically or when we get symptoms would be the dream!

6 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

And it could be that a treatment for non hospitalised cases would stop people getting to hospital in the first place, which would be helpful in the NHS capacity sense

I was thinking that earlier. I don’t understand fully why they would do that especially as the approved treatments are cheap and easily accessible. You can read some awful accounts out there of some people that haven’t had a severe case of covid but it’s still impacted their lives greatly.

7 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

it is fucked. It really is.

It’s not surprising given Boris has already broken U.K. law by illegally proroguing Parliament. But yes it’s extremely fucked up, a current U.K. government admitting they will be breaking international law! 

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Man I’m seriously worried about my mental health :( if there’s a second lockdown am I allowed to see people if the alternative is suicide? 

If you ever feel you are suicidal make sure you talk to people, arrange socials through zoom and if things get so bad call the mental health crisis team... I highly doubt there will be another national lockdown but if there is i'm sure it won't be for so long this time.. Hope your ok man

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Man I’m seriously worried about my mental health :( if there’s a second lockdown am I allowed to see people if the alternative is suicide? 

There’s always been exceptions in place for mental health and safety reasons. Not just for major depression but you’re also allowed to take much needed space from your partner if being cooped up together 24 hours a day proves to be too much. 

As with everything, it’s about being sensible with what you do rather than taking the piss. No one is going to complain if you need to spend some time with a friend. 

Edited by squirrelarmy

24 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Remember there are people to talk too, The Samaritans are available 24/7 on 116 123. Please reach out to them, your family, friend or a Dr if you feel that way.

It might feel like there isn’t any way out but there is.