When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

12 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

How do you isolate confirmed cases when no one is testing in that scenario?

the vaccine is to prevent death and serious illness which it’s doing. But not everyone has had the chance to double jab. 

im not saying forevermore just whilst everyone has had the chance to get 2 jabs. After that it then fine. 

I don’t think we are too far away from each other it’s just a matter of timings. 

But that is exactly what I’ve said. When someone is double jabbed they should not be isolating from exposures. Otherwise we will never move out of a lockdown state. She’s completely got her head in the books on this one.

We need to start giving vaccinated people the freedom and trust they deserve otherwise those vaccine sceptical will not see the point in it. What is the point in vaccinating at all if we are still treating everyone as if they are sick.

In my opinion the rules should be - if you are double vaccinated there is no expectation to isolate, or to test, or to wear a mask. As the world reopens exposures are going to increase and it is simply wrong for people who have taken all the possible precautions to be lumped into the same pile as the anti-vaxxers. Your rules are a form of hyper-protectionism that will see us unable to move forward at all.

Edited by Matt42

Top night last night.

It was so good to see everyone buzzing after the England win.

Wasn’t expecting much social distancing and it was even more relaxed than I thought it would be.

Table service was ditched after half time and it became a free for all. Dancing on tables, singing, hugging - it was like being back in 2019 again. Love it.

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In my opinion the rules should be - if you are double vaccinated there is no expectation to isolate, or to test, or to wear a mask. As the world reopens exposures are going to increase and it is simply wrong for people who have taken all the possible precautions to be lumped into the same pile as the anti-vaxxers. Your rules are a form of hyper-protectionism that will see us unable to move forward at all.

But if you are single jabbed because you have been at the back of queue then tough shit? How is that fair to these people? The young have sacrificed so much at least treat them with some respect 

isn’t what you are saying vaccine passports by the back door?

Just now, steviewevie said:

With restrictions coming to an end, the vaccines working so well, and England appearing to be actually good at football, it's not a good time for doomstergloomsters like myself.

Hopefully something shit happens soon.

Pagel? Is this your burner account?

1 minute ago, dotdash79 said:

But if you are single jabbed because you have been at the back of queue then tough shit? How is that fair to these people? The young have sacrificed so much at least treat them with some respect 

isn’t what you are saying vaccine passports by the back door?

If you’re single jabbed (like myself) your second jab should be in the next few days / weeks. If it’s far away and you want it sooner you can bring it forward. What’s the problem?

I’m also 24 lol.

Edited by Matt42

@crazyfool1 in response to your earlier. I keep trying to make Twitter ignore / stop recommending me pagel’s tweets and she keeps showing up. Evidence below.

Her tweets trend under anything science related. No wonder she’s gathered an audience of terrified people. Twitter literally recommends her view to people and the algorithm pushes her content. People will mistake her for an official member of SAGE.

I could block her, but the point still stands that her tweets are being pushed far and wide. 

8A55CACA-579A-4E0E-9FCA-31422E2448A7.jpeg

74A51E52-FB99-4864-8F81-9EC5035FE0B0.jpeg

Edited by Matt42

21 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

In my opinion the rules should be - if you are double vaccinated there is no expectation to isolate, or to test, or to wear a mask.

Ok, I understand the argument that if you're double-jabbed you shouldn't need to isolate if you've been in contact with someone with covid if you test negative, but saying they shouldn't even be tested? That makes no sense to me. 

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

If you’re single jabbed (like myself) your second jab should be in the next few days / weeks. If it’s far away and you want it sooner you can bring it forward. What’s the problem?

I’m also 24 lol.

I’m 41 and only just reached 8 weeks since my first jab (had my second yesterday). Unofficially some areas are pulling the dates in to 4 weeks (which I agree with) but under existing rules it’s 6 weeks away or almost all of summer holiday

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

@crazyfool1 in response to your earlier. I keep trying to make Twitter ignore / stop recommending me pagel’s tweets and she keeps showing up. Evidence below.

Her tweets trend under anything science related. No wonder she’s gathered an audience of terrified people. Twitter literally recommends her view to people and the algorithm pushes her content. People will mistake her for an official member of SAGE.

I could block her, but the point still stands that her tweets are being pushed far and wide. 

Thanks for bringing her to all our attention again 

4 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Ok, I understand the argument that if you're double-jabbed you shouldn't need to isolate if you've been in contact with someone with covid if you test negative, but saying they shouldn't even be tested? That makes no sense to me. 

Why does this make no sense when the traditional approach was only to isolate if you have symptoms? When you have an exposure to someone with the flu do you have to stay at home until you test negative?

If we are going to move into a state where we treat Covid like the flu… we need to treat Covid like the flu.

6 minutes ago, dotdash79 said:

I’m 41 and only just reached 8 weeks since my first jab (had my second yesterday). Unofficially some areas are pulling the dates in to 4 weeks (which I agree with) but under existing rules it’s 6 weeks away or almost all of summer holiday

Exactly. The window between jabs is getting shorter and there are ways to reduce a long gap if that’s what you are automatically given. 

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

How on earth do we ever move out of lockdown if people who are double jabbed will be going in and out of self isolation. Literally apply this to reality. It won’t work.

We need to move to a point where we are only isolating confirmed cases. We can’t isolate exposures anymore. What’s the point in getting the vaccine? Think hard about this.

It's the key clause "as long as case rates are high" you seem to be ignoring. Do you not agree that case rates are high and getting exponentially higher? Wanting to stop us having very high prevalence of this virus is not being a nutter.

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

You could always just not read her tweets. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It's the key clause "as long as case rates are high" you seem to be ignoring. Do you not agree that case rates are high and getting exponentially higher? Wanting to stop us having very high prevalence of this virus is not being a nutter.

But define high? There’s going to be a level of infections and deaths every day. The cases are rising but the deaths are not. I just think it’s going to be complete and utter fantasy that cases are going to plummet to non-existent levels, just like it is with the flu and any other diseases there are probably thousands of cases in circulation. 

Plus, she’s proven time and time again that no level of cases is good enough. She would probably call 1,000 cases a day too much. There isn’t an acceptable standard in her eye.

She gets me heated because I think the narrative she pushes is dangerous, and she can’t develop the wider thinking to realise what she’s really saying with her comments. She’s dangerously leaning into territory to claim that the vaccine doesn’t work. Because this is the effect she is causing in people with her Twitter rampages. 

1 minute ago, philipsteak said:

You could always just not read her tweets. 

I could always just ignore Boris Johnson too if I disagreed with him.

I’m not ignoring her because what she is doing is causing damage and harm to people and there needs to be a counter voice.

Just now, steviewevie said:

And that counter voice is you on here?

This is a forum about discussing the pandemic and I am allowed to voice my view. I’m also allowed to disagree with stuff that she says. Don’t gaslight people who disagree with you.

16 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

She’s dangerously leaning into territory to claim that the vaccine doesn’t work.

This is not true. The tweet you are originally complaining about is literally asking for time for more people to get it.

There is plenty she says worth discussing whether for or against and everyone's risk appetite is going to be different. The debate doesn't need nonsense like this.

Edited by Gregfc15
spelling