When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

44 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m definitely getting side effects. My temperature is very hot and my arm is tender. I do have a headache but I always have a headache. It is slightly in a different place to my usual headache though so I’m putting it down to side effects as well. 

Weird side effect here - for the first time in 23 years of owning a Mobile Phone I lost mine. Felt a bit drowsy yesterday evening and went to bed early. Got up to help get the Kids in the car and in the process put my phone on the roof of the car, which my  Wife then drove away in. Praise be to Apples ‘Find My IPhone’ and a good local Samaritan who picked it up and recognised my Lock Screen picture (the wife and kids). Never done anything like that before. I feel like I took a dose of drowsy Cough medicine last night. Apart from that and a bit of Arm discomfort, nothing else to report.

36 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Deepti Gurdasani isn’t even in fake SAGE, she’s a pure rent a gob. How batshit mental do you need to be when even fake SAGE think you’re too much of a doomer? 

Gonna say - pretty low to not even get into a made up, childish organisation.

Anyone catch the fake FA’s video the other day, about playing football on the moon?

On 5/7/2021 at 4:39 PM, SamJ said:

I was worried about this.  BBC at the time said most have occurred in the first 2 weeks after I think.

And congrats on the jab!

Thank you!

It was 26th March I got my first round so I'm presuming that means I've avoided that complication then.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

I’m definitely getting side effects. My temperature is very hot and my arm is tender. I do have a headache but I always have a headache. It is slightly in a different place to my usual headache though so I’m putting it down to side effects as well. 

Ah no sorry you’re feeling rough.

I think I’ve dodged the bullet, got a slightly sore arm and that’s it really. Had a nightmare though for the first time in years! Was about an intruder in the house who wouldn’t leave, pretty on the nose if you ask me.

Was just speaking to a friend who had his on Friday, he said he started to feel absolutely terrible after about 8 hours with nausea and the shivers and then felt rough all weekend. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

This is how I see it as well, especially as the changes made from May 17th with indoor mixing allowed are the ones where we could see an uptick in the prevalence of the virus. If we can get through the next few weeks and still good then we should be fine for June 21st.

He will probably say that news about hugs today. 

The next few weeks is going to be full of will they/won't they hysteria as cases WILL rise, no doubt about that. Likely hospitalisations will a bit too, but not significantly. 

They need to give some criteria- some actual numbers to say what position we need to be in by 21st June. An uptick in cases of any number could be used to delay it with the current vague wording 

Though it'd be nice if they clarified what 21st June easing actually involves...

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

The next few weeks is going to be full of will they/won't they hysteria as cases WILL rise, no doubt about that. Likely hospitalisations will a bit too, but not significantly. 

They need to give some criteria- some actual numbers to say what position we need to be in by 21st June. An uptick in cases of any number could be used to delay it with the current vague wording 

Though it'd be nice if they clarified what 21st June easing actually involves...

Completely agree with this.

As a side note on this whole hugging thing. Unless there's a caveat whereby you're only supposed to hug outside surely they can't insist on people wearing a mask to walk to their table at let's say a restaurant?

Where's the logic in those type of rules when you have others such as hug who you want in play? 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Have the rules ever made sense ? not really...  I wouldn't expect them to suddenly start making sense in the final throws of the pandemic...

True.

"hug whoever you want!"

"that must mean I don't have to wear a mask to go to the shops anymore?"

"no, you'll still have to wear a mask for that"

"but I'm okay to hug everyone in the store if I wanted to?"

"yes"

Edited by JoeyT

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

Yeah that would be useful, treat us a bit like adults and give a criteria but say that if things then they might have to adapt accordingly. I think they don’t do that because they want to be able to change things if need be.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Presume there will be a press conference to confirm all this later then? Be nice to go in pubs etc, but main thing I'm waiting on is classes being allowed in gyms!

If you're still missing spin, I've made a playlist of tunes with three different tempos and I just go in the spin room, stick it on random and do 40 mins on my own. Not ideal but better than nothing!

6 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Presume there will be a press conference to confirm all this later then? Be nice to go in pubs etc, but main thing I'm waiting on is classes being allowed in gyms!

Yes, Johnson at 5pm I believe.

2 hours ago, MEGABOWL said:

Weird side effect here - for the first time in 23 years of owning a Mobile Phone I lost mine. Felt a bit drowsy yesterday evening and went to bed early. Got up to help get the Kids in the car and in the process put my phone on the roof of the car, which my  Wife then drove away in. Praise be to Apples ‘Find My IPhone’ and a good local Samaritan who picked it up and recognised my Lock Screen picture (the wife and kids). Never done anything like that before. I feel like I took a dose of drowsy Cough medicine last night. Apart from that and a bit of Arm discomfort, nothing else to report.

Is this a side effect of the Bill Gates chip? Lose your iPhone and switch to Microsoft products?

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

If you're still missing spin, I've made a playlist of tunes with three different tempos and I just go in the spin room, stick it on random and do 40 mins on my own. Not ideal but better than nothing!

Cheers, yeah I am! To be honest even when I'm allowed it will be hell to get a space at my new gym (the old one was fine so I was back there for a bit during the summer but they shut for refurb in autumn). Didn't manage at all last time it was open. I did have a go on a bike the other day but I am a real class person. I'll never work as hard on my own!

Doing anything real-life will be great, though: Pilates, yoga, anything cardio based. Will take what I can get! 

Did an outdoor yoga session the other week (planning one today too) and although I've been exercising with virtual classes throughout the pandemic, and might keep one of them going, you can't beat a proper real-life class (for me anyway).