When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

10 minutes ago, Simsy said:

Is this a side effect of the Bill Gates chip? Lose your iPhone and switch to Microsoft products?

😂 Maybe the microchips in my blood sussed out the quality of the body they’re now tracking and sent for help.

8 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Cheers, yeah I am! To be honest even when I'm allowed it will be hell to get a space at my new gym (the old one was fine so I was back there for a bit during the summer but they shut for refurb in autumn). Didn't manage at all last time it was open. I did have a go on a bike the other day but I am a real class person. I'll never work as hard on my own!

Doing anything real-life will be great, though: Pilates, yoga, anything cardio based. Will take what I can get! 

Did an outdoor yoga session the other week (planning one today too) and although I've been exercising with virtual classes throughout the pandemic, and might keep one of them going, you can't beat a proper real-life class (for me anyway).

I had a new one on Saturday morning. Some bloke actually had a go at me for cleaning the piece of equipment I was on after I used it! He went to get on it as I was finished, then told me not to bother cleaning it. I said 'sorry mate, I'm sticking with the rules'. He replied 'oh, you're one of those are you?' I laughed cleaned it and walked off.

1 minute ago, Homer said:

I had a new one on Saturday morning. Some bloke actually had a go at me for cleaning the piece of equipment I was on after I used it! He went to get on it as I was finished, then told me not to bother cleaning it. I said 'sorry mate, I'm sticking with the rules'. He replied 'oh, you're one of those are you?' I laughed cleaned it and walked off.

I had a taxi driver actively tell me to take my mask off as he refuses to drive anybody wearing one 

6 minutes ago, Homer said:

I've had a few friends mention in passing that they have been having people in their houses for a while not part of bubble etc and when I said something about it they said 'oh no one is bothering now anyway'

Quick story......Bank holiday Monday just gone my girlfriend let her sister inside our house for two hours whilst I was sleeping off a hangover because apparently it was too cold to stand outside....when I came down they were just gossiping/chatting hardly a big reason to be let in - I gave a glare and she was gone within 5 mins. 

Both have admitted since they just can't be bothered anymore and my girlfriend has now also admitted she was lying to me when she said she was standing outside her sisters house throughout lockdown and had been going in the house.  They both also appointed themselves in support bubbles to their Dad even thought it should have only been one of them.

Fed up of the whole thing causes no end of arguments roll on the 17th May when it doesn't apply anymore!

16 minutes ago, Homer said:

Ha what a w*nker. It's actually just good manners to clean your sweat off isn't it?

18 minutes ago, Homer said:

ugh..isn't it like courtesy to wipe off bum sweat etc anyway?

6 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Fed up of the whole thing causes no end of arguments roll on the 17th May when it doesn't apply anymore!

Totally agree with this. We've stuck pretty much to the rules throughout (I will admit a couple of times bending them) but everyone has their own interpretations and things they feel comfortable with. I'll be glad when the rules are gone to stop those kinds of disagreements and having to either go along with people or look like a dick by refusing.

2 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Totally agree with this. We've stuck pretty much to the rules throughout (I will admit a couple of times bending them) but everyone has their own interpretations and things they feel comfortable with. I'll be glad when the rules are gone to stop those kinds of disagreements and having to either go along with people or look like a dick by refusing.

Yeh, my girlfriend just for whatever reason has barely stuck to rules, and only does them when forced,  seems quite happy to go out more than she should when strict lockdowns were in place and as mentioned she and her immediate family are happy to break the rules to see each other but don't think of other people (i.e me and her sisters fiancé) who are affected.  Just pure selfishness. 

And these people aren't thick either, my girlfriends sister has a first from Cambridge and is really high up at her job but yet from what I see just seems to think the rules are beneath her. annoys the hell out of me!

8 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Yeh, my girlfriend just for whatever reason has barely stuck to rules, and only does them when forced,  seems quite happy to go out more than she should when strict lockdowns were in place and as mentioned she and her immediate family are happy to break the rules to see each other but don't think of other people (i.e me and her sisters fiancé) who are affected.  Just pure selfishness. 

And these people aren't thick either, my girlfriends sister has a first from Cambridge and is really high up at her job but yet from what I see just seems to think the rules are beneath her. annoys the hell out of me!

Are any of you high risk? If not then I don’t see the issue here 

I've decided that we will officially know when this shit is over if Johnson can get through a press briefing without saying 'alas' more than five times. Fingers crossed for tonight (could make a good drinking game!).

Just now, Barry Fish said:

Well I am not speaking for all nurses - I am speaking for two I know within my family.

They aren't "stupid" but they do ignore the rules.  One of them carried on seeing his girlfriend who lived 30 miles away and they both continued to have Sundays lunch's together etc despite the rules banning household mixing throughout.

They’re nurses, not stupid and ignore all the rules.

I’d disagree on point 2.

23 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I’m not a gym goer but thought that would have been a policy before Covid!

Having worked in gyms for 20 years, I can confirm (perhaps unsurprisingly) that wiping your sweat off machines is a policy. 

Very few people actually bother though. 

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Well I am not speaking for all nurses - I am speaking for two I know within my family.

They aren't "stupid" but they do ignore the rules.  One of them carried on seeing his girlfriend who lived 30 miles away and they both (two nurses) continued to have Sundays lunch's together etc despite the rules banning household mixing throughout.

Why do you think they chose to ignore the rules? 

My girlfriends family just seem to think its below them and if hardly anyone knows about it then it doesn't matter, problem is if a lot of people do the same that's when you end up with the virus still circulating.

There's already been complaints at work as two senior managers seem to have given up on wearing facemasks when moving around the building despite everyone else being repeatedly told they have to wear them as part of a condition of coming in.

Edited by gooner1990