When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, zahidf said:

A man can hope.

Can’t see it happening though... the data has shown we could have speeded up much earlier than where we are now but it hasn’t happened.

The strain of Indian variant which could be more transmissible will be used as the reason things can’t be speeded up. Guarantee it.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

6 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A man can hope.

Can’t see it happening though... the data has shown we could have speeded up much earlier than where we are now but it hasn’t happened.

The strain of Indian variant which could be more transmissible will be used as the reason things can’t be speeded up. Guarantee it.

I read last week that while the plan when the roadmap was announced was to allow indoor mixing under the rule of 6 from 17th May, ministers were reviewing whether that 6 person limit was necessary.

So I wonder if we could see a slightly larger limit of 10/12/15

5 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A man can hope.

I can’t see any reason to accelerate it now when we’ve stuck so rigidly to the roadmap so far? As Johnson keeps saying, let’s be cautious but irreversible.

Expecting a ton of good news stories and Spaffer to be on a charm offensive the next couple of weeks before Cummings makes his statement on the 26th.

23 minutes ago, zahidf said:

11 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

A man can hope.

Could it not be a play on elements of social distancing being abolished early? Aka hugs?

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I read last week that while the plan when the roadmap was announced was to allow indoor mixing under the rule of 6 from 17th May, ministers were reviewing whether that 6 person limit was necessary.

So I wonder if we could see a slightly larger limit of 10/12/15

I really, really hope so.

Meant to be going on holiday with extended family in early June (9 of us) and it’s still all in limbo which feels ridiculous, given the comparative risks associated compared to other things we can do from 17th May. 

15 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Nadine Dorries on the BBC news now, couldn’t resist saying how we are ‘leading the world in recovering from this virus’. They’re back on the ‘world beating’ line...

Have you seen some of the vaccine numbers in other countries? Our rollout genuinely is world beating. 

35 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I can’t see any reason to accelerate it now when we’ve stuck so rigidly to the roadmap so far? As Johnson keeps saying, let’s be cautious but irreversible.

Expecting a ton of good news stories and Spaffer to be on a charm offensive the next couple of weeks before Cummings makes his statement on the 26th.

This is how I see it as well, especially as the changes made from May 17th with indoor mixing allowed are the ones where we could see an uptick in the prevalence of the virus. If we can get through the next few weeks and still good then we should be fine for June 21st.

He will probably say that news about hugs today. 

14 hours ago, Mimo said:

Ah cool we could compare notes as we go. Dunno when the all clear is for the chills and headaches? Looking forward to that. On the plus side if I do feel rough tomorrow I’ll get a free pass for the school run 👍

I’m definitely getting side effects. My temperature is very hot and my arm is tender. I do have a headache but I always have a headache. It is slightly in a different place to my usual headache though so I’m putting it down to side effects as well. 

3 minutes ago, Gregfc15 said:

Real SAGE member urges caution over hugging. I imagine demands for their immediate relegation to fake SAGE will follow shortly. 

There should be a SAGE Premier League table. Those who suggest the most positive actions should go nearer the top, 3 points for each one. Anyone suggesting something negative like hugging not being a good idea gets deducted three points and faces the risk of being relegated to the FAKE SAGE championship at the end of the season

• Upvote 2

Ashamed to admit this, but my mate Eddie smacked one top bins from the edge of the of the box putting us 1-0 up on Saturday and in all the excitement became the first person I've hugged who isn't my wife in about six months. We ended up losing 2-1 too, so prob wasn't even worth it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

37 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Have you seen some of the vaccine numbers in other countries? Our rollout genuinely is world beating. 

It's the 6th best. By that rationale Uruguay won the last world cup.

And more importantly we have the 15th worst deaths per capita from Covid worse than France, Spain, USA, Germany etc. There are 195 countries in the world. How they can boast about the UK's covid performance is beyond me.

And have these vaccines given UK people more freedom than in other countries? Er, no.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

WTF is cautious hugging ? 

We really have lost the plot.  If you are in a room with someone for hours a hug isn't making any difference 

They did ask Dorries what it means and she couldn’t give a straight answer. I think the correct take is don’t go around hugging everyone you meet but if you want to give your mum a hug, please do.