When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, Barry Fish said:

Wouldn't mind them dropping the mask requirement outside school when dropping the kids off.  Its frankly ridiculous 🙂 

Maybe you can take the mask off if you wear a free hugs t-shirt?

5 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

lol - I might do this just to see the reaction of the other parents 😄 

Some of them turn up in pretty much full PPE 😄 

perhaps some of them have concerns still  ( maybe not in proportion to todays risk levels ) , have maybe lost loved ones , maybe have anxiety .... not sure why this is funny tbh ... maybe respect that and let them adjust in their own time .....

• Like 2

I don’t necessarily think fake SAGE are wrong to flag the Indian variant as a variant of concern but what I don’t want to see (and thankfully haven’t. Yet.) is anyone from fake SAGE suggesting the roadmap get delayed by it. What we are seeing here is the Indian variant rapidly outcompeting all the tinpot shitty less transmissible variants to become the 2nd leading variant in the UK.

We know the Indian variant is at least as transmissible as the Kent one. It could be MORE transmissible and if that is indeed the case, we’ll see a surge in cases among the unvaccinated as we start to unlock genuinely risky activities. Remember that up to now, the things that have been reopened like retail and outdoor hospitality are generally low risk environments. Reopening indoor hospitality and indoor household mixing is the first genuinely risky phase of the roadmap. 

Crucially though, we are a heavily vaccinated population and becoming more so by the day. The Indian variant gets utterly slaughtered by the vaccines much like the Kent variant and most if not all other variants.

So for me, it’s one to be alert to and keep an eye on, but not one to freak out over yet. 

9 minutes ago, Homer said:

ee959f51-4152-4d68-8a25-ce0b1441b0d9.thumb.jpg.56c5a01b5bbe9f30381a650e297cb48c.jpg

The large events June 21st isn't happening for total lifting. They have already confirmed that by the 6th July only 22k people will be allowed in Wembley and haven't given any update since on on the 9th or so on for semi and final.

Q: The scientists says if you abandon all social distancing after 21 June, they don’t know what will happen to cases?

Johnson says he hopes the one metre plus rule can go then.

Vallance says the modellers will assume some residual protection after 21 June, because they assume people will not revert exactly to what was happening before. Some people will still work from home. People will isolate if they are ill.

And, as winter approaches, things like face coverings on transport may be needed, he says.

2 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The large events June 21st isn't happening for total lifting. They have already confirmed that by the 6th July only 22k people will be allowed in Wembley and haven't given any update since on on the 9th or so on for semi and final.

Okay ta, I got that ages ago, have just had it on my desktop for reference.

Just now, zahidf said:

Q: The scientists says if you abandon all social distancing after 21 June, they don’t know what will happen to cases?

Johnson says he hopes the one metre plus rule can go then.

Vallance says the modellers will assume some residual protection after 21 June, because they assume people will not revert exactly to what was happening before. Some people will still work from home. People will isolate if they are ill.

And, as winter approaches, things like face coverings on transport may be needed, he says.

You booked any comedy yet? I've got three lined up now.