When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

Lots of the southeast and parts of London now have higher rates (and rising) than many areas in Tier 3 (which are still falling). If those trends continue through to the 16th, things would surely have to change. People generally adhering to the tier system will only hold if its seen to be applied with some degree of fairness.

Edited by Gingerfish79

3 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Get him registered and I'll be trying for a ticket for him come April.

if he has that kind of luck getting through on the phone ...... ah shit I wonder what his F5 finger is like ? :) hes probably got 15 laptops ready :) .... all with different connections 

28 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

11 Areas dropping down the tiers in Scotland .... do we think there is any chance of anywhere In England dropping down ? i was hopeful early on of going to tier 1 .... but dont think its going to happen now ....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55230778

They'd be mad to put anyone in tier 1 before Christmas - the virus would be back there just before the free for all thanks to people travelling in from surrounding areas - definitely can't see a tier 1 til February (though would be January or even soon if Christmas wasn't so sacred that people's lives should be sacrificed for it)

Edited by efcfanwirral

34 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The Liverpool figures when I looked yesterday were also very good ..... shows what some focus of testing can do .... im pretty sure they said they were going to do this for other areas with high numbers ..... has it happened anywhere else yet ? 

I'm in the wider Liverpool City Region and they're now offering mass testing outside of the city for those with no symptoms. Numbers have gone right down here already so that's a good sign. There's a rapid testing unit at Liverpool One shopping centre too right next door to the Apple store which is a bit mad. But it looks like it's working if the accuracy of rapid tests are to be believed

Edited by kaytee...

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I'm in the wider Liverpool City Region and they're now offering mass testing outside of the city for those with no symptoms. Numbers have gone right down here already so that's a good sign. There's a rapid testing unit at Liverpool One shopping centre too right next door to the Apple store which is a bit mad. But it looks like it's working if the accuracy of rapid tests are to be believed

I bet the queue for the Apple Store is still bigger...

56 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@Toilet Duck What do you make of the idea that Oxford/AZ appears less effective than it is for the reason above?

Howdy, just in from work and currently making the dinner! Haven’t read the paper yet, will have a look through it when I sit down a bit later! But no, swabbing everyone won’t impact on the primary efficacy outcome they reported (which was the prevention of symptomatic disease, and this is what the 62% refers to...unless there is a massive reveal in the paper and it provided 62% protection from infection...will see when I read it!)...

• Like 1

Just now, kaytee... said:

I'm in the wider Liverpool City Region and they're now offering mass testing for those with no symptoms. Numbers have gone right down here already so that's a good sign. There's a rapid testing unit at Liverpool One shopping centre too right next door to the Apple store which is a bit mad. But it looks like it's working if the accuracy of rapid tests are to be believed

its the frustration that its been promised elsewhere and It doesnt seem to be happening .... I know it was promised in Bristol but is yet to be seen ..... Liverpool is a really good example of what can be done with resource .... No point in in just being a trial area if the successful trial is so slow to roll out nationwide .... according to local news the mass testing is coming in the new year .... But nice one Liverpool 

10 hours ago, xxialac said:

Is everyone commenting here 100% confident on Glastonbury going ahead then and without even the need to be tested?

It sounds like it.

I’m about 75% confident it’s happening. Fairly open to the idea of being tested in advance. I’m not sure testing will be the same deal breaker it would be if it was happening now once we’re in a sufficiently rolled out vaccine world. 

10 minutes ago, whitehorses said:

I’m about 75% confident it’s happening. Fairly open to the idea of being tested in advance. I’m not sure testing will be the same deal breaker it would be if it was happening now once we’re in a sufficiently rolled out vaccine world. 

More chance of having it though... still not sure how necessary it is 

9 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

So Manchester rates been coming down and they are doing this!! Whats the bloody point now?? 🤤

Takes some serious balls to go forward with any type of Christmas market after Nottingham binned theirs within a day.

8 minutes ago, Chapple12345 said:

Nottingham's was wrapped up fairly quickly last weekend so I could see the same happening here 

There's like just over 2 weeks until Christmas!! Why are they even bothering and I bet that will piss off local businesses that can't open but market can :(