When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thing is, the UK is already in the "absolutely necessary" phase. We're on a strong path to NHS overload, and even the tories aren't dumb enough to think that would be politically acceptable.

My take on Starmer's call for a lockdown yesterday is that he can't lose. Sooner or later Spaffer will have to do it, and he'll be measured against Starmer for it.

yup. he cant do it this week and he cant call it a circuit breaker now. So i guess CUmmings is coming up with some stupid alternative name for it

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

thing is, the UK is already in the "absolutely necessary" phase. We're on a strong path to NHS overload, and even the tories aren't dumb enough to think that would be politically acceptable.

My take on Starmer's call for a lockdown yesterday is that he can't lose. Sooner or later Spaffer will have to do it, and he'll be measured against Starmer for it.

Starmer's pretty much in a no lose situation, his heartlands are cruising towards a lock down anyway. He can say he's following the science, he appeals to those who want a harsher lockdown, he appeals to businesses who would need more support in a formal lockdown. 

It's a different standpoint to the government, and it backs Boris into a corner. 

2 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

We need more lawyers in politics. Prosecution lawyers know exactly what questions to ask as they already know the answers. 

If Bojo does the right thing brings in the circuit breaker he is bowing to Starmer. 

If he brings in a circuit breaker late then he will be chastised for not bringing it in sooner and still bow to Starmer. 

If he doesn’t bring it in at all. Many more people will suffer and the blame is fully on Boris. 

I might nip out to get some popcorn for PMQ’s today... 

Gonna be fire 🔥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoeyT said:

Liverpool city centre last night:

These are all students btw. This is Concert Square, the main student part of town. Not pointing fingers at anyone, this is bound to happen because of the 10pm curfew. Just don't want it to be painted by the media like its all locals when it's not 😅

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CJL9494 said:

These are all students btw. This is Concert Square, the main student part of town. Not pointing fingers at anyone, this is bound to happen because of the 10pm curfew. Just don't want it to be painted by the media like its all locals when it's not 😅

Exactly. And so for a lot of them, they don't have to worry about Nana catching it from them because Nana is 200 miles away 🙄

• Upvote 1

Just had a thought. Starmer is a great opposition leader as he is literally cross examining the government and ripping huge holes in their policies. 

I wonder what he would be like as an actual leader. He’s a joy to watch now but what will he be like when he’s on the stand and making the decisions. My step-mum used to work for him, I might find out what he is like when he’s in charge. 

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

I wonder what he would be like as an actual leader. He’s a joy to watch now but what will he be like when he’s on the stand and making the decisions. My step-mum used to work for him, I might find out what he is like when he’s in charge. 

I reckon you don't get to be Director of Public Prosecutions from a working class background unless you're very competent.

Did you know that Starmer was in the same school class as Fatboy Slim? 

33 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Well, the local news’ Facebook followers are not happy with Starmer at all.
The ones in my area believe the ‘Jimmy Savile supporter who can’t be trusted’ (they went quiet when I sent the fact check link and a Hail article about their beloved Boris saying money into historic sexual abuse has been spaffed against a wall...) has ensured there won’t be another lockdown and killed thousands more people...

I think they must have forgotten how many lives have been lost due to this government’s inaction?

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I reckon you don't get to be Director of Public Prosecutions from a working class background unless you're very competent.

Did you know that Starmer was in the same school class as Fatboy Slim? 

odd on him making an appearance at Glastonbury? on Other stage dancing with fatboy in a bez style? 

Just now, morph100 said:

odd on him making an appearance at Glastonbury? on Other stage dancing with fatboy in a bez style? 

2021 it’s happening - 100% crew

35 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Bristol is now 120  cases per 100,000 people in the latest week 4 Oct-10 Oct.

I wonder why...? :P 

BANES now at 97 per 100,000.

Shock that 63 of the 187 cases from last week cover the area that the Bath Uni halls are...!

30 minutes ago, Zoo Music Girl said:

Pretty tough new rules coming in Northern Ireland (schools shut for two weeks and many other restrictions for four). Will be interesting to see if they have an impact:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-54533643

To be honest I don't think I agree with it.

They brought new measures in a couple of weeks ago (no indoor gatherings, targeted hospitality restrictions to high risk areas, etc). Surely they can't know yet if these measures have been effective.

4 week lockdown and then what is the plan after? Allow cases to ramp up again?

The hospitality sector will be hit hard over half term.