When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Unless the UK has priority access to any of the leading candidates (which it might, I'm not sure) there's only going to be enough pre-made of those candidates by the end of the year to vaccine 3% of the population.

They do, the UK has more vaccines on pre order than any other country in the world 

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Unless the UK has priority access to any of the leading candidates (which it might, I'm not sure) there's only going to be enough pre-made of those candidates by the end of the year to vaccine 3% of the population.

I think they have first dibs on the Oxford vaccine?

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

They do, the UK has more vaccines on pre order than any other country in the world 

I'm aware it's injected some cash to get stuff done sooner rather than later, but I'm also aware that the UK has signed up to WHO's covax plan, which is about equal distribution around the world of any vaccines.

https://www.who.int/initiatives/act-accelerator/covax

Do you have a source for the priority access? 

(I'm not particularly doubting you; I'm not sure how fixed the covax plan is).

16 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

Massive majority for circuit break lockdown?

Massive majority for no lockdown?

Tories +20, Labour -20?

Massive majority for Trump?

I posted the YouGov poll last night which shows people are 2 to 1 in favour of a circuit breaker.

9 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We should have a poll on here. 

Would be interesting to see the results.

I’ll vote yes, but on the basis that there’s no limit of one form of exercise per day. That was a joke. Also I think if you’re going to do it, do it properly. So closure of non-essential businesses such as factories. 

7 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

We should have a poll on here. 

Would be interesting to see the results.

Yep, it’s a strange one because I’m in favour of a circuit breaker lockdown (2-4 weeks) but at the same time I’m against the latest tiered approach and latest batch of targeted lockdowns. So I am somewhat of a waking contradiction. 
I just believe strong and decisive action needs to be taken either way, and stop this middle ground nonsense which both isn’t stopping the spread, and is also damaging the economy and people’s livelihoods. 

Just now, squirrelarmy said:

We’re a very left leaning, mainly labour supporting bunch. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s anything less than 95% in favour of having this break. 

It depends really for me. I'd be inclined to follow the science so would lean towards doing what the scientists say. I'd also rather a short sharp shock than months of lockdown again. I actually think we're a bit too late to avoid that now though.

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I’ll vote yes, but on the basis that there’s no limit of one form of exercise per day. That was a joke. Also I think if you’re going to do it, do it properly. So closure of non-essential businesses such as factories. 

You had a go at me yesterday for wanting more restrictions! Now conveniently you have changed your tune.

Edited by Ozanne

1 minute ago, st dan said:

Yep, it’s a strange one because I’m in favour of a circuit breaker lockdown (2-4 weeks) but at the same time I’m against the latest tiered approach and latest batch of targeted lockdowns. So I am somewhat of a waking contradiction. 
I just believe strong and decisive action needs to be taken either way, and stop this middle ground nonsense which both isn’t stopping the spread, and is also damaging the economy and people’s livelihoods. 

I don't think that's a contradiction at all and I kind of agree with you. What we have now is a shit halfway house.

Just now, Ozanne said:

You had a go at me yesterday for wanting more restrictions! Now conveniently you have changed your time.

I don’t want more restrictions though 

there’s a difference between wanting something to happen and thinking that it should 

Edited by Fuzzy Afro

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Wonder what football style chant people are going to come up with for him. 

44 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

'STARMER! STARMER, STARMER! STARMER, STARMER! STARMER, KIER STARMER!' in the style of 'YAYA TOURE'. 

In the style of 'We've got Dele Alli'....

We've got Starmer, Kier Starmer!
I just don't think you understand!
He's going to beat the bug,
Cos Boris is a Mug!
We've got Kier Starmer!
🤣

2 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Just now, Fuzzy Afro said:

I don’t want more restrictions though 

You’ve literally just said you want more restrictions.

3 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

No I said that a circuit breaker *should* happen. Not that I want it to. 

None of us want any of this, you do understand that right? You had a go at me yesterday for supporting more restrictions and now you support more restrictions.

Are you Boris Johnson?

Edited by Ozanne

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

How do you propose achieving zero covid? I think that ship has sailed. 

Close the border for non-essential travel, enforce hotel quarantine on return, lockdown until cases are right down, enforce use of app.

The ship has only sailed because our weak politicians can’t stand up for what’s right. Other countries have done this better, other countries have controlled this virus and their populations are now back to normal, bar the above restrictions.