When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

1 minute ago, steviewevie said:

Grim. One of my mum's friends had dementia and was in an old people's home, and she got coronavirus back in the spring, I think sort of recovered, but died recently. She could only have one family member visit too. Really sad.

hope its not spread and they get the tests in quickly and contain it .... :( but I guess with dementia patients they won't be confined to rooms ... we are in a supposedly low case area ... 

2 minutes ago, Leyrulion said:

Right now I'm pinning hopes on getting through winter and then having a better spring and summer. 

Is there any evidence though that it's not as bad in the summer?

I reckon this year showed us it isn't. its not about the virus but our own behaviour - clearly less people caught it outdoors as places were open for ages and numbers only went up when schools went back. 

It might not be festivals and travelling the world but it will still be better than winter 

From a PURELY selfish point of view. I don’t want a circuit breaker. I’m finally in a job which I really enjoy so far and it takes my mind off things and keeps me occupied.

Going back to lockdown is going to be awful for my anxiety and mental health.

BUT I think the circuit breaker is more than necessary. The death toll today is horrendous and the government have clearly lost complete control. I don’t think we really have another choice.

I just wish the government weren’t so useless and hadn’t screwed up test and trace and messed this all up with the university fiasco. I wish we could be more like germany but instead our population is constantly battling against this because the government are useless and some people just don’t care.

It really sucks, I was super looking forward to working the next few weeks. If I have that taken away from me, it’s gonna be super depressing. But to see more people die is really depressing too.

Theres no winning with this one. I just wish we had taken stricter action sooner but now we are literally going to be left with no choice but another lockdown because it’s completely out of control again.

2 hours ago, FestivalJamie said:

UK have f***ed it haven’t we. Today’s figures are nasty.

Looking that way- even more impressive considering this happened back in March and BJ appears to have learned nothing from the experience.

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

British public backs a circuit breaker lockdown by two to one.

But is this a real representation of the British public? 

Now I know how these survey companies go about getting a survey out there I'm entirely unconvinced the results are a true representation of the public's view.

5 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

We could genuinely be looking at a second wave with 15k-20k deaths 

Could be worse if capacity is stretched by non-covid winter admissions (lets hope flu vaccinations and social distancing can ease some of that though).

I know it's not fatality related, but I do also worry what happens if we have winter floods again especially during high covid prevalence, or lockdown restrictions. I suspect the government hasn't even put any though into that.

My girlfriend’s Step-Dad has tested positive. His Dad died from it early last week after getting hospitalised with a chest infection (he was 93 with severe Dementia). He tested negative upon entry and then tested positive a couple of days later. Step-Dad picked it up after his daughter went to visit Grandad in the hospital (when they thought he just had a chest infection), so he’s isolating. My girlfriend’s Mum, who obviously lives with Step-Dad, has tested negative though. She’s isolating for 14 days, however. 

5 minutes ago, Andre91 said:

My girlfriend’s Step-Dad has tested positive. His Dad died from it early last week after getting hospitalised with a chest infection (he was 93 with severe Dementia). He tested negative upon entry and then tested positive a couple of days later. Step-Dad picked it up after his daughter went to visit Grandad in the hospital (when they thought he just had a chest infection), so he’s isolating. My girlfriend’s Mum, who obviously lives with Step-Dad, has tested negative though. She’s isolating for 14 days, however. 

Sorry to hear that mate, what horrible news. I hope Step Dad pulls through.

• Upvote 1