When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

5 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Cant argue with much, if any, of that. 

Scotland and Westminster are now forging clearly different routes. I'm in Edinburgh which has a weekly rate of 128 per 100k (at the lower end of Boris' level 2) yet we are currently under the harshest lockdown restrictions in the country (more severe than English level 3). 

It will be interesting to see how this now plays out over the winter and whether Sturgeons stricker tactics will have the desired effect.

Sturgeon went stricter earlier in the summer, but Scotland is now in much the same place as England.

7 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Sturgeon went stricter earlier in the summer, but Scotland is now in much the same place as England.

That's not really true though, is it?!

Glasgow city has our highest infection rate at 270 per 100000. I am unsure if that would make it into the top 20 in England. 

Scotland also did suppress the virus to a few days of zero infections in day. It's actually astounding how we have went from that level to 1100 we have today in such a short space of time - hence sturgeon putting the whole central belt into what is essentially level 4. 

Edited by Billy Corgan's Ego

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

I do want them to close 

1 hour ago, steviewevie said:

oh no you don't.

1 hour ago, squirrelarmy said:

Oh yes he did! 

(Panto season is early this year)

More worryingly...

"He's behind you!"   ...   Yikes!

12 minutes ago, Billy Corgan's Ego said:

Cant argue with much, if any, of that. 

Scotland and Westminster are now forging clearly different routes. I'm in Edinburgh which has a weekly rate of 128 per 100k (at the lower end of Boris' level 2) yet we are currently under the harshest lockdown restrictions in the country (more severe than English level 3). 

It will be interesting to see how this now plays out over the winter and whether Sturgeons stricker tactics will have the desired effect.

In Wales they’re considering a nation wide lockdown and restrictions on people visiting from areas of high COVID prevalence in England. 

To put this in perspective the area with the highest levels of COVID-19 infections is Merthyr Tydfil, which is only the 55th highest region in the U.K.  

The Tory governments inaction in England is horrendous. They can no longer say they’re “following the science”.

Surely Boris won’t agree with this call for a circuit break. Will make him look incredibly weak and crumbling to  pressure from Kier. Would actually be political suicide. 
Rather is this an attempt to say ‘we told you so’ further down the line? 

Just now, st dan said:

Surely Boris won’t agree with this call for a circuit break. Will make him look incredibly weak and crumbling to  pressure from Kier. Would actually be political suicide. 

Spot on. This address makes it less likely that Boris hits the nuclear button now..

1 minute ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is going to force them into opposite action - and he knows this. As if Boris Johnson is going to be convinced by this

Political posturing and nothing more

Boris can act in the national interest or placate his own party ;) 

6 minutes ago, st dan said:

I think you've nailed it

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

I don't see how the opposition coming out and saying something they know will further entrench the government in the wrong course of action helps though - this means 100% no circuit breaker

He can't win, can he? Do nothing and people claim he offers no alternative; or act now and he gets this. He has to do try to do something, but yes if he says this now and Johnson is forced into it then he'll be on the right side of the argument. Johnson can still go for a circuit breaker, he'll just chose not to. That's not on Starmer, that's on Johnson's miss-management yet again.

18 minutes ago, efcfanwirral said:

This is going to force them into opposite action - and he knows this. As if Boris Johnson is going to be convinced by this

Political posturing and nothing more. They would've U-turned on their own as soon as Liverpool hospitals are overwhelmed. 

Starmer and labour have to have a position. So fair play for putting one out there . If boris is putting politics over national interest, that's his problem.

Just now, crazyfool1 said:

Just heard about a case at a local nursing home for Dementia patients .... Friends mum is in there .... and best mates Aunt :( .... fucking  shit times 

Grim. One of my mum's friends had dementia and was in an old people's home, and she got coronavirus back in the spring, I think sort of recovered, but died recently. She could only have one family member visit too. Really sad.