When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

8 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

do you know if that was online ? or instore ? 

"I had my Covid antibody test this morning. Managed to get a flu jab while I was there. Superdrug nurse told me the demand for flu jabs has never been higher than right now."

"How did you get an antibody test? Thought you had to be a front line health worker for that??"

"On Superdrug’s website. The website stated they’d sold out of flu jabs but when I mentioned that to the nurse today she said she had a stock just arrived in. It was a very good service."

Excerpt from WhatsApp conversation above.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, steviewevie said:

A 'circuit breaker' in England will work only if test and trace is urgently reformed - Anthony Costello

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/oct/14/circuit-breaker-england-test-and-trace-reform-lockdown-sage

That’s the nub of the whole problem. That list of the people running it is phenomenal.

Among the board members of England’s test and trace team are four from private industry (Jaguar, Waitrose, TalkTalk, Travelex), a spymaster from GCHQ, an infectious disease epidemiologist from Public Health England, management consultants, civil servants and administrators. But there is only one public health expert, no data scientist, GP or nurse, no social or behavioural scientist, community mobilisation expert, virologist, local politician or NHS logistician.”

5 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

Sounds pretty dicey up there. Hope you can stay safe, well and working!

We definitely seemed to have it relatively 'easy' (obviously nothing easy about covid but you know what I mean) in the first lockdown in terms of case numbers/deaths, etc so I imagine that is playing a bit of a role in why we are getting it so bad this time.

5 minutes ago, northernringo said:

We definitely seemed to have it relatively 'easy' (obviously nothing easy about covid but you know what I mean) in the first lockdown in terms of case numbers/deaths, etc so I imagine that is playing a bit of a role in why we are getting it so bad this time.

Got this from a mate in Dublin yesterday

IMG-20201013-WA0001.jpg

13 minutes ago, northernringo said:

I remember seeing recently NI cases per 100k which looks bad, but should not be caveated that you’re a fairly small country anyway?