When will this shit end?

Chrisp1986

31 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

The app is really quite useless. Someone I live with is being told to self isolate for 11 days after matching a positive contact. No one else in the house has had a similar notification despite us all having been in the same place when said contact took place. I know it's common sense now that the rest of us also isolate but assuming we didn't live together we wouldn't have known

Depending on how the app works, the person told to isolate may have been detected as being closer to the positive case than you.

If it is a location based app, I'm sure there are thresholds that need to be met before telling someone to self isolate.

If that is the case, possibly your flat mate was in closer contact with the person for a longer period of time than you.

56 minutes ago, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

This sort of stuff goes on at every local authority up and down the country - granted they aren't giving the contracts to their mates (mostly). They are brought in to mask the inability of the semi senior management. Everyone needs a fall guy.

It doesnt anymore. The changes to IR35 Tax regs closed that little earner

1 minute ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Virtue signalling move IMHO.

Stopping people going out of the house during quieter times of the day will prevent almost no transmissions. It’s almost as bad as our hospitality curfew. 

if your found in the street your breaking the rules it's easier to enforce. Stops people being able to go to other people's houses etc.. etc..

And on the continent they tend to eat later and in bigger groups.

Just now, RobertProsineckisLighter said:

if your found in the street your breaking the rules it's easier to enforce. Stops people being able to go to other people's houses etc.. etc..

And on the continent they tend to eat later and in bigger groups.

Interesting that the French are putting up similar case numbers to us with half the testing and far less deaths.

All that snail munching must be good for the immune system. 

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

Virtue signalling move IMHO.

Stopping people going out of the house during quieter times of the day will prevent almost no transmissions. It’s almost as bad as our hospitality curfew. 

yes, he is just signalling virtues.

I guess what trying to do is stop the spread in pubs and clubs, but keeping schools and day time businesses open...may work a bit, but may not be enough.

56 minutes ago, Fuzzy Afro said:

If the circuit breaker goes ahead, does everywhere reset into tiers 1-3 after the two week period ends? 

Probably would still be based on the levels of infection. Even with a circuit breaker areas with high infection would still be high they'd just, hopefully, be going down not up.

7 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

I commented on his earlier tweet that something would be leaked to the press 1st and there it is FFS :( 

Government strategy is to let the press leak the proposed plan and then choose whether to enable it or not based on the public’s reaction to it.