2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

56 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean it would be fun. Weird evening though.

I hope Fatboy Slim subbing doesn’t become the new Kaiser Chiefs subbing the Foos. Can we stamp it out before it becomes that 🤣

He wouldn’t be my choice either, but..... it isn’t outrageous that someone with big name recognition and a long history with the festival ends up taking a large slot a “performer challenged” version of that festival. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Fatboy Slim subbing would be hella disappointing because it really would feel like a slot they could have given to someone else.

Someone you like?

It’ll be 35 years since Fatboy first performed at Glastonbury, he’s a Glasto legend and still popular. I wouldn’t begrudge him a prominent slot at all, indeed could imagine the crowd would be rammed for him.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

In all honesty this would be absolutely quality. Pure pop bangers

If theyre going to have something like that, then its booking Harry Styles and he has a mini reunion during his set. If not you book the current boy band kings BTS. But lets have a look at the backlash against KPop for Glasto.

46 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

If theyre going to have something like that, then its booking Harry Styles and he has a mini reunion during his set. If not you book the current boy band kings BTS. But lets have a look at the backlash against KPop for Glasto.

Yes but on the one hand you have an iconic British artist who is ever present and a fairly integral part of every line up at the festival, and on the other you just have some big pop acts. 

I understand your point but Fatboy Slim's relationship to the festival is integral. I wouldn't be at a Fatboy Slim set, whether it be on Other or the Pyramid but you're lying to yourself if you don't think that he'd go down a storm in a slot such as those. Just look at the Craig David Pyramid crowd a few years ago. 

Edited by Guy Incognito

14 minutes ago, Guy Incognito said:

Yes but on the one hand you have an iconic British artist who is ever present and a fairly integral part of every line up at the festival, and on the other you just have some big pop acts. 

I understand your point but Fatboy Slim's relationship to the festival is integral. I wouldn't be at a Fatboy Slim set, whether it be on Other or the Pyramid but you're lying to yourself if you don't think that he'd go down a storm in a slot such as those. Just look at the Craig David Pyramid crowd a few years ago. 

Wasn't Supre referring to the One Direction mention? 

22 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

How is sign of the times not one of the best pop songs of new times though?

Also Harry looks great up on stage.

I wouldn’t mind him playing Glasto at all

It’s an alright little tune but that’s about as far as I’ll go. If it was released by someone not fresh out of a fairly one dimensional boy band I think it would have been quite quickly brushed aside. 

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Harry Styles, Spice Girls, Little Mix are three bookings I hope the festival makes. They will be very popular with attendees :) 

I kinda get Harry Styles, but Spice Girls are too big for the 'just-having-a laugh-look-at-how-old-they-are-now-hahah' kind of booking. Don't know what Little Mix is, but then again: I'm 30.

3 hours ago, jparx said:

It’s an alright little tune but that’s about as far as I’ll go. If it was released by someone not fresh out of a fairly one dimensional boy band I think it would have been quite quickly brushed aside. 

Watermelon Sugar is the much superior bop