2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Before COVID and BLM the feeling was that Kendrick had an album pretty much ready to go. I imagine he’s got plenty to say on recent events but it’d be a surprise if he scraps the whole thing. Surely he can release this record then get straight on to the next one?

Not sure if it’s a reliable source but there was a tweet the other day from someone saying Kendrick now doesn’t plan to release until 2022.

7 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

The Last Shadow Puppets new tune (Instrumental) could mean a new album is on the way which could mean they are touring 2021 and no Arctic Monkeys. 

To be honest it sounds more like Spotify have fucked up and put it on the wrong artist.

TLSP tune clearly isn’t them ffs 😄

Apparently it happened with a fair few indie artists a couple of weeks ago where shit dance songs suddenly appeared on their streaming pages.

Not sure if it’s a hack or just a weird error, but lol at people hearing that and stroking their chins like ‘hmm yes another bold new direction for Alex Turner, I like it’

7 hours ago, jparx said:

Just gonna throw my Taylor theory in here as well:

We're all assuming (and tbf I still am regardless of this post) that Taylor "not touring Europe" means she's ruled out completely. I don't expect her to be at Glastonbury based on current info, but I do think there's potential for Taylor to tour the US in May/June, followed by a big outdoor Wembley type gig and Glastonbury. She's either not touring Europe because she has other commitments pencilled in or doesn't want to schlep around loads of different countries while Covid may still be around. If it's commitments, then sure she's almost certainly out. If it's the latter, I don't think "not touring Europe" automatically means no Glastonbury/other UK show. She has residence in the UK and will be spending loads of time here next year regardless. It wouldn't be adding unnecessary travel to her schedule, and if it's tacked on the end of the US shows which she's doing then it would make more sense financially. With what we know about Taylor, her mother's health and how seriously she's taken Covid, I can absolutely see her taking the decision to stick to playing shows in countries where she's based, and move the rest of the gigs in 2022. Joe might be our saviour here 😂

Lover Fest US May/June

Wembley + Glastonbury end of June

Again, my expectations are this won't happen, but I don't think she can be taken off entirely off the table with the current info. And as I mentioned in the Acts Touring thread, HAIM not being on festival lineups in July but still having the Ireland gig may play in to this theory as I'd expect them to be supporting Taylor on the US shows.

Lover Fest likely stays in August, over here everyone is more or less mirroring their previous tour dates and theres already some artists and fest that are being extra cautious and placed themselves farther into 2021 so they have a cushion. 

7 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

It's no extra movement for her maybe but it probably is for all her stage crew, equipment etc. Can't imagine its cheap to ferry the whole set across the pond for a couple UK shows...

Or you do what lots of large stadium tours do and have more than one stage. It gets built in the uk so shipping it around in europe is feasible and there isnt an expense of taking it across the atlantic. Plenty of acts do it. U2 had 3 of their “Claw” stages built for the 360 tour in 09. Those stages take almost a week to build, so you cant rely on just one or else you could only play a gig every 10 days. 

Wouldn’t surprise me if the Brazil show gets axed altogether when the dates are announced.

I think the point still stands that it’s totally possible for Taylor to do some UK shows whether it’s at the end/just prior to a US tour or as a one off stint of shows. She hauled everything to Paris for a small, intimate show which was probably a money loser as a one off last year, and to London for the 30 minute Christmas show. She’s obviously willing to do one offs so I don’t think she can be entirely ruled out until it’s confirmed, albeit I still don’t expect it to happen next year.

Says who on the spring. Nobody over here is pushing up their dates right now. Theyre either the same or later in the year. I doubt a major artist like her would want to risk rescheduled dates in a likely danger zone.  Billie Eilish is gonna be tricky since her U.S leg was in early the spring.

Edited by Suprefan