2021 Headliners

Just now, zero000 said:

I met Beck at Festival Number 6 whilst dressed as an Oompa Loompa. He was lovely and took a picture with us and asked his assistant to take one too. He absolutely smashed his headline set that evening on top of it. 10/10 would do again. 

I’m surprised Beck would dress that way.

5 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps, but when we met Wayne Coyne at the G he genuinely was dressed as a green frog.

In a non-covid world I was due to see the Short Arsed Scientologist Honky Prince just a couple of weeks back.

I’d like to turn up at a Beck gig dressed as the Evil Lord Xenu. He’d shit it.

I think Emily is going to make the biggest effort to have a female headliner next year someway, somehow. The only way Gaga is taken out is if she has Vegas residency shows that get in the way. But you figure she has to have a lot of tour rehearsals anyway since its  stadiums, so those could get moved around and wouldnt lessen the chance of a Glasto slot. And considering she could do her rehearsals in London, that gives her prime availability.

Edited by Suprefan

I’m crossing my fingers that following covid and the intimacy Taylor wants to have a very intimate run of shows in 2021 before doing a larger tour in 2022. 

I’m really praying on the magic of Glastonbury right now. She’s written an album called folklore, surely she wants to perform it at the home of witches and folklore.

I hope hope hope she wants to have a relatively quiet summer 2021, not commit to too much - focus on a Glastonbury set and maybe a few other shows, and then expand it out in 2022.

• Downvote 1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Perhaps, but when we met Wayne Coyne at the G he genuinely was dressed as a green frog.

In a non-covid world I was due to see the Short Arsed Scientologist Honky Prince just a couple of weeks back.

He quit being a Scientologist recently around the same time he quit releasing good music.

50 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I’m crossing my fingers that following covid and the intimacy Taylor wants to have a very intimate run of shows in 2021 before doing a larger tour in 2022. 

I’m really praying on the magic of Glastonbury right now. She’s written an album called folklore, surely she wants to perform it at the home of witches and folklore.

I hope hope hope she wants to have a relatively quiet summer 2021, not commit to too much - focus on a Glastonbury set and maybe a few other shows, and then expand it out in 2022.

I think you want the Harry Potter forum pal...

I think you've all been quite harsh on Gorillaz in the last few pages.

I'm not gonna sit here and argue that their set was any good in 2010. I'm a fan, and even I have never managed to get through the whole thing. However, I don't think it's fair to judge their live performances off a single performance. I saw them four times on the Humanz/Now Now tour, in four different sized venues; The Alban Arena, Brixton Academy, The O2 and Lollapalooza Paris. Not a single time did they disappoint. Do I think they are obvious Glastonbury headline contenders? No. Do I think if they ended up there, that they would absolutely smash it? Not a doubt in my mind.

Damon has really had the setlists nailed to make sure the shows are a party, rather than an appeal to save the whales.

If they were on, you wouldn't catch me anywhere else

• Like 1