2021 Headliners

SomeoneListeningIn

3 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

It was great for those needing a nap or food & drink break before the Foos

And after a questionable run of songs it was also great for everyone watching. People around us were loving it. 

By no means am I saying it was a great set; I've criticised them heavily as it was a huge missed opportunity. But it wasn't embarrassing to any extent as you might think from some of the comments around here. And to that point we get that a lot around here for a lot of sets around here - it gets very boring. 

I still dream of their Other headline slot. It will be sublime should it ever happen. 

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

That set wasn't nearly as bad as people on here make out. 

Like most of the bad sets we discuss tbf. 

I dunno I was looking forward to it and it fell flat for me. It wasn't a complete car crash just really meh and from the bored faces around they weren't winning over many neutrals. 

23 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

That set wasn't nearly as bad as people on here make out. 

Like most of the bad sets we discuss tbf. 

They didn’t help themselves by following up Katy Perry’s hit party with a generous selection of unreleased tracks, to an audience that didn’t seem particularly intimate with their released ones. Me, I enjoyed it!

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

The National just fell victim to the difficulty of a pyramid sub slot. If they were headlining the other stage I reckon it would have been a totally different story. It’s a shame.

Without a doubt. If they headlined the Other that year it would be held in the same regard as LCD. There's zero question of that.

Seriously, Gorillaz? Are they a bigger deal than they were in 2010? I'd say not ( I may be wrong, I don't follow the charts at all). They only got the call then because U2 cancelled. Or are we just saying them because we know they're active & Damon has a history with the festival?

I hate The 1975 with a passion, but if it's a straight toss up between them & Gorillaz, surely they deserve it more.

Either way, I won't be anywhere near the pyramid on Friday night. I hope someone else can step up to the plate.

48 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I had a fantastic time at Beck, seems like I was in the minority though.

Hard to have a great time when he made it pretty damn clear that even he wasn’t having a great time.

Really looking forward to seeing him at Primavera next year so that I can have see him in a sea of people wanting to be there rather than people who had absolutely no idea who he was other than the guy delaying Coldplay coming on. 

I thought Beck was brilliant.

However, there only seemed to be me, my 2 mates & a random couple next to us who were really into it. (From the pit). There only seemed like us 5 were leaving the pit too when he finished. Everyone was piling in.

We mentioned how shit the crowd was. She asked "could he tell?". I said "Yeah, he mentioned about it being like an awkward first date".

Really gutting. It spoilt it a bit for me.

We were also asked by somone "why are you leaving, Coldplay are next"

"Cos coldplay are on next"

The couple went off to see LCD, us 3 went to see Cyndi Lauper. I maintain, we had the best night.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop